“Mostly good but non-smoking room was full of smoke!” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3701 University Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33065   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Outer Banks NC
“Mostly good but non-smoking room was full of smoke!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

There's only one thing keeping me from giving this motel a "good" rating, but this one IS a deal-breaker for me! I specifically told them I couldn't be in a room where people had been smoking. Supposedly they gave me a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor (5th) but as soon as the smell of disinfectant/room freshener faded, the smell of smoke was very apparent and grew progressively stronger. We tried opening the windows, but it didn't help. We asked to get a different room and were told there were no other "non-smoking" ones. And when I asked to get on their frequent-stay plan, they refused to sign me up, since I reserved "third party" - travelocity or trip advisor. What a disappointment! But I don't think I'll be back. The beds were ok, actually, except that I had to keep a wadded up sheet over my mouth and nose all night so I wouldn't be coughing because of the smoke smell. So for that reason I was very disappointed. If you don't have a problem with smoke, it might be ok for you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This hotel was such poor quality, go to the one a little further up and spend the extra 10 bucks. Bed and pillows were horrible, shower pressure, next to none. Iron and tv remote weren't even in the room. Don't drink the lemon water in the lobby. Don't bother with the breakfast, either. A shame, as we stay at LQ's because we can take our little dog. Won't go back to this one.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Coral Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The hotel was well located and clean. It was a good idea to have water in the lobby for guests to partake. I was disappointed when it disappeared the last 2 days of the stay. I also missed the mini frig that is in most hotel rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

from the minute we arrived we felt welcomed. the staff was very courteous and knowledgeable. they had our room ready and quality of our room was excellent. we did not use the pool but it looked very nice and clean. we did not use the internet service. we had breakfast the next day and it was excellent. the variety of food and options were great for the price we paid for the stay. We needed to check out late and they accommodate us right away. We definitely will come back!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed just this past week end and it was a pleasant surprise. The hotel is clean and the staff friendly. The room was spacious and comfortable. It is a great asset to find a pet friendly hotel that does NOT smell, but we liked it here a lot and we always bring our little poodle with us. Great stay.

Room Tip: comfortable stay, enjoy your pet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel. It has always been clean. The bed was comfortable, and the air conditioning, microfridge, and ice machine were adequate. The breakfast was very good as well. The location is quiet. I am not a pet owner and had concerns, but it was not a problem. Everything was fine. I have no complaints. Very good value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My son works in all areas of Florida so when a job comes to an unfamiliar place it is nice to know you can rely on the front desk of a property to guide you in the right direction.Thank you Caesar for your help.

Room Tip: no comment
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs University Dr? Share your experiences!