“Pleasant stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Coral Springs
lake city
“Pleasant stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

First, let me tell you the only reason we picked this La Quinta is we thought there was a Denny's there right next to the hotel. According to the web, but it was not this La quinta as it was the other one at 3100 university Dr.---THE DENNY'S IS CLOSED DOWN--None in Coral springs--we just thought it would be nice for breakfast ,or a quick snack.
As for as the hotel we had 2 little dogs with us and stayed at one of the two rooms on the first floor.--The rest of the 1st floor are meeting rooms and ball rooms. The two rooms down stairs are 102 and 104. The hotel was clean and staff was really friendly and helpful. If you don't have a car this is not the La quinta you want to stay at. Dogs or no dogs the other La Quinta 6 blocks south is in a better location for shops and restaurants.
This La quinta just a fair quickie breakfast which I've seen better ,but u don't go there for the food. My only complaints were the grass( nice grass ) was to high for small dogs ,and even though we didn't have housekeeping due to our dogs, nobody asked us if we needed clean towels. I'm sure only staying there two night if we wanted more they would of given them to us. It was pleasant, but probably, will stay at the other one win visiting my family.--

Room Tip: If you have animals would stay at one of the two rooms downstairs--rm-102 and 104
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past five years. It is a good hotel. Good service. It is not as clean as I like but well worth the money. We left some valuable in our room and called back two hours later. The manager immediately went to retrieve our item.

• Stayed September 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The price was right so I thought; had to attend event in the area and so I thought I'd give it a try. I checked into 5th floor and noticed dirty tub with hairs in it. I contacted front desk and they changed my room to 4th floor.
Upon entering the room I noticed the fridge and microwave weren't working; I called front desk and a person came up to fix the problem; appliances weren't plugged in but after he plugged them in the fridge wouldn't work and there was a large puddle in it; the guy kept insisting it worked even though it was still warm; finally after telling him I had food that was going to go bad he went and exchanged the fridge out. That night there was no hot water and I couldn't bathe. The sink and tub both the same way. The towels didn't look that clean either. The next morning I called and spoke with manager at front desk; told her I was checking out and not paying the bill. I'm thru with this hotel chain. Went to the Marriott

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bryant, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were on our way to Key West after picking our kids up at FSU in Tallahasee. We spent 2 nights here one going and one coming back. It is an older hotel but rates are good and location is great for getting around the area. Service was friendly and rooms were clean. We would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
St. Croix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

There are 2 LaQuinta Inns in Coral Springs. The one at 3701 University is in poor shape; it definitely needs a spruce up. The lobby smells like incense and the rest of the hotel reeks of cigarettes. We were given a non smoking room on a smoking floor - very bad. When we complained the desk clerk and the manager were very nice and moved us to a non-smoking floor. This was a little better but I could still smell cigarettes. The room was ok. The breakfast was below average. Next time I will make sure that I stay at the other LaQuinta which is excellent.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room on a non-smoking floor and if you want a refrigerator, ask for that as...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel was very clean and Shaun at the front desk was nice and efficient. The beds were very comfortable. QUALITY LINENS. The shower water pressure could have been better though. Needed a rollaway bed at the last minute and they delivered it to the room as we were headed out for a bit. VERY EASY to find.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs University Dr? Share your experiences!