“So much to say” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
florida
“So much to say”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Usually I enjoy staying at LQ's . We stayed in the large 2 room suite. TVery expensive for what we received. The bed was very comfortable with nice clean linens and lots of pillows. Room was next to the elevator, (heard it all night). I did not like that from the bedroom, you have to walk through the living room to go to the restroom (disturbing your other guest sleeping). Very low water pressure from shower. Tub looks dirty. Stains on curtains and couch. I didn't realize that it was a smoking room until I got in there, yuck!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor, next to the elevator. Lots of elevator noise. No view (but I didn'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here on Super Bowl Sunday. Registration was fast, friendly and professional. Our room was a non-smoking room on the third floor. The room was surprisingly large. It had two double beds, a couch, desk and dresser. It was located on the side away from the main road and had a balcony that looked out on a park with a small lake. The room was quiet, clean, everything worked properly, the room and hall smelled smoke-free. At one point during our stay I accidentally got off the elevator on the second floor which permits smoking. The odor was so strong, if we had been given a room on that floor we would have had to move.

There is a good continental breakfast which includes waffles and hard boiled eggs along with the typical items; juice, bagels and cereal, etc.

With a AARP discount, we paid $104.90 including tax. For high season in South Florida, we thought this was good value and would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is another La Quinta nearby on University. Check the address to make sure which one you are re...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We picked this hotel because it was pet friendly. All advertisements looked like a modern clean hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby is clean. The property is very dated. Make over very necessary. As soon as we got off the elevator the smell of stale old cigarette smoke was over whelming. The room was nothing special or what I would say was worth $139.00 a night. Looks old, needs serious remodeling.There was a hand towels in the bathroom with makeup on it. The tub looked like it was wiped but not cleaned well and the smell of cigarette smoke in the room was terrible. I could not breath. It was not what I was expecting. Very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The staff was excellent, breakfast OK, swimming pool lovely. The room was acceptable except for the stale cigarette odor that was so unbearable that I was unable to sleep the first night. We had a non-smoking room but there were smoking rooms at the opposite end of the floor and the hallways reeked. Also, people were smoking at the entrance to the hotel and the smell wafted up into the rooms above. I think we got one of the poorer rooms because we were traveling with our dog. We stayed in this hotel several times before and did not have this problem. The staff was gracious enough to allow us to change to a room across the hall for the second night of our five night stay even though the hotel was booked. The new room did not smell quite as bad. I just stayed away as much as I could.
LaQuinta should think about becoming all nonsmoking. A nonsmoking manager needs to try spending a night in room 205. I have great sympathy, even pity for smokers, but I shouldn't have to suffer for their stupidity.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had a reservation for a one night stay and two days before the planned stay, I was called to Coral Springs. I showed up at the hotel after four hours on the road without a reservation and they got me right in. The room was comfortable, breakfast adequate and the bed was really comfortable. I liked the little balcony.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs University Dr? Share your experiences!