“Birthday Bummer” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
newbury
“Birthday Bummer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

28 out of the last 30 years I have shared my birthday with a great friend... Each year we try to improve on this special event with our spouses.... Unfortunately this year it was a absolute bummer.... Which, of course, was very disappointing especially from a restaurant that had seemingly good reviews.... From the very start of this dinning experience to the very end no one seemed to care... Slow service to start followed by the highlight of the night... Cosmos and Tanquery 10 Martini's ...then nice appetizers.... from here things went south fast... starting with Beef Wellington so over cooked my dog won't even had eaten it.. I mentioned it to my waiter having ordered med rare and getting not getting a hint of pinkness or a well done to totally destroyed piece of meat...This on top of no less then water down INSTANT potatoes... Had me pushing the plate away and telling the server this is not edible... No real reaction or response ???? When the bill came I was totally amazed there was no discount and I let him know it.... Hard to understand why a restaurant like this who seemingly rests on it's reputation would just blow us away... In the end great Martini's, good appetizer's, and two good entrée's... Both the ladies had grouper... On the other sider two absolutely blown wellington's and a restaurant that seemingly couldn't have cared less!!!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Coral Springs, Florida, United States
“Unforgettable anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

From the presentation to the sumptious appetizers, delectable entrees, and decadent desserts, we have found our new special restaurant for special occaions. My wife and I had an unforgettable dining experience from the service to the food, etc. The best dining experience we enjoyed in a very long time. We recommend the prosciutto and sun dried tomato baked brie in puff pastry with green apple, walnut, wildberries with coconut rum butter. We couldn't get enough of it. Then the sumptous entrees... oh my/ My wife couldn't resist and couldn't put down the chocolate mousse as part of the dark cholocolate trio. Two thumbs up. Five stars. Five diamonds. Worth it.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Florida
“Sunday Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

For some reason we've been many times but only for the Sunday Brunch which, I think, is the best! For $23 I believe you get a mimosa or bloody Mary, coffee and unlimited "small plates" of about 10 different entrees that change but favorites are the seafood risotto, meatloaf, pork, etc. You also can help yourself to the salad and bread bars as well as the shell fish bar. There are also delicious waffles and I think omelets are available ... but stick to the small plates, they are all so good! After all that you can have unlimited small plates of deserts which are all equally as good. Haven't tried dinner yet but have probably done the brunch a couple dozen times, always good.

I find the service really good and the atmosphere is bustling with groups of all sizes making for a really nice time.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Get there before 6 at night........Sunset dinners were out of this world! Service wonderful!
Searched a restaurant near the Coral Springs Arts Center.............this restaurant came up. Decided to make a reservations for 4. Will go back the next time we see a show at the center!
I will be sending them a sticker to put in their window!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Florida, Florida
“Excellent food, Wonderful Presentation, First Class Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Decided to try the advertised 2 for 1 special with friends this past Saturday night. Blue Moon is a pricy restaurant when specials are not available, but this was a good deal. I ordered the Sautéed Florida Black Grouper with grilled asparagus risotto. It was excellent. The fish was perfectly prepared and seasoned, and the asparagus grilled to perfection. I also thought the risotto was well prepared. Others ordered the New Zealand Rack of Lamb and absolutely loved it. The presentation was very artful and beautiful. The waiter and rest of the staff were all extremely helpful and efficient. The atmosphere was perfect with the music being just the right volume level. We will be back.