“Very good mixed Asian bistro” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Parkland, Florida
“Very good mixed Asian bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was looking for something quick and close by. Wanted to stay away for the crowded busy and over priced restaurants and found this place that is really just minutes from my house and never heard of it before.

I am saying mixed because they serve Japanese and Thai based dishes. I ordered a Crazy Crab roll for starter which was very fresh and delicious. For the main dish I ordered a spicy 3 flavors snapper fillet, which was really spicy with sweet chili sauce which I like very much. I enjoyed the dish it tasted great, and it was a decent size too, I barely finished it. The service is courteous and friendly, prices are moderate and you do get the bang for your buck.
Ambiance is quiet and relaxed, not too noisy although you might fall on nights with families and kids, but that could happen in any family oriented restaurant.
Limited outdoor seating, only 2 tables or so.
Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

South Florida, Florida
“Great Find in the Middle of Coral Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I wanted to try a new restaurant the other day when we were shopping in the middle of town, so we went on another web site to see what we could find and up popped this restaurant.
It was a Monday at lunch time in the summer and everything was very quite. We were given a very friendly greeting by the staff who immediately asked if this was our first time. When we said yes they offered to explain anything to us we didn't understand. Fortunately we frequently eat Japanese and Thai food so we were good on our own. First of all the lunch specials were amazing....for between $8 - $11 there were so many choices. My wife ordered the "Super Lunch Special" for $9 which included miso soup, salad, appertizer (entire roll of your choice...shrimp tempura role in her case), California role, and a spicy tuna role. What a deal! The tuna was a fresh as could be, the California role was perfect, the soup excellent, and the service was great. I ordered the $11 lunch special which included sushi, sashimi, and steak teriyaki (soup and salad of course). All I can say is wow...the freshness of the food, the size of the portions....the steak was out of this world delicious. The sushi was the best I have had in South Florida. The staff could have not been friendlier or more efficient. We went back the following week for dinner. My wife had the Pad Thai....once again they hit the jackpot with freshness, taste and size of the portion. I ordered the sushi, sashimi, tempura combination. So much food I couldn't finish it. Once again everything was fresh and perfectly prepared. The tempura was the best in my immediate recollection. The service was as good as the first time even with more customers in the restaurant. We intend on being regulars. Oh yes, the atmosphere was delightful, and they played our favorite jazz music.

• Visited August 2012