“Expected more” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 249 Restaurants in Coral Springs
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Dining on a budget
Description: La fontana pizzeria is a wonderful warm italian restaurant in coral springs, florida: italian pizza oven, food coral springs, pizza time coral springs pizza coral springs fl, best italian dishes, best pizza shop, italian restaurants coral springs fl italian pizzeria coral springs, Wood Oven Pizzeria, pizza in coral springs, pizza in coral springs, dine in, take out, pizza to go, delivery in coral springs, pizza delivery, wood oven pizza place, university drive pizzeria, pizza delivery in coral springs, coral springs, pizza delivery restaurants: pizza delivery, pasta, panini, beverages, authentic italian food, great pizza place.
Old Bethpage, New York
“Expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Tried this restaurant tonight after hearing many good things. My party of four were a bit disappointed. My wife had a pasta dish that came out cold, as did my friends chicken parm. My wife sent her meal back, then the pasta came out soggy. She couldn't eat it. The owner came over and did apologize and gave us some dessert on the house. He also took it off the bill, so my compliments to him for not ignoring the problem. These things do happen. My chicken piccata was also on the cold side, but I was hungry and didn't want to wait to return it.The chicken was difficult to cut and must have been a bad piece. My friends wife loved her fish dish, so no complaints there. Based on good recommendations, we must have just hit a bad night.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Probably won't go back.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Server seemed new so there was a lot of confusion and brought the salads with the meal which we returned, since we already had our meal in front of us and was still on the check. They took it off, no problem, that wasn't the real issue tho I can deal with sub par service especially if she was new. But the food so was just sooo average, the meatball app is gross, don't get it. The gnocchi was average, had better frozen. Pasta dishes were ok, calzone was ok too. The whole experience was just ok, there's alot better around coral springs, like Pizza Time.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

After looking carefully at the reviews I was expecting something spectacular. However, I was very disappointed in the food. Having been raised by Italian parents I am very familiar with traditional Italian flavors. Some dishes were OK, but for most of us, we were 6, it left a lot to be desired. Too much sauce on the ravioli (it was drowning), and had hardly any filling. The branzino was dry and the grilled veggies no taste, the bread fair, and the nutella in pizza dough not a pleasant experience.... too tough. Oh and the caesar salad, bland. The music fantastic.... if we do go back, we will try the pizzas, perhaps that's what their specialty is.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coral Springs, Florida
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Had dinner outside on a beautiful night. The food was great, but the Italian tenor was just too powerful with his voice, and it became annoying to try and talk over him. As for the food, we shared a preferita salad, which had spinach, shrimp, mushrooms and goat cheese. Excellent was the quality and portion of said salad. My friend had the mixed seafood grill, which was cooked to perfection, It contained tuna, shrimp, scallops, sweet peppers, onions, potatoes and tomato. Quite a delight. I had the wood burned salmon which was tasty and moist, It also came with the same non fish items as noted above. B oth portions of fish were large and worth the price. The wine was house, good and relatively inexpensive. we passed ondessert, but I'm told, that the crem brulee is magnificent, Since different nights have different musicians, it shall be tried again, with a less powerful singer, so conversation can be utilized.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Memorable night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Man, this place was great...

First of all, the service was fantastic. Very friendly, accommodating staff. As for the food, it was magnificent. We shared a couple of appetizer. Antipasto frutti di mare, Brusheta and Pizza mozzarella was awesome; As a main dish I had a grilled vegetables and fish. It was delicious, and totally worth the menu price. Thoughtful presentation. My wife is a vegetarian. She chose homemade ravioli stuffed with spinach and cheese. Fabulous! The rest of our table seemed to enjoy their food as well, as much as we did.
Lastly the vine (la fontana Pinot Grigio) blended perfectly with Italian live music.
La Fontana Pizzeria is fantastic. If you are looking for a nice night out, this should definitely be the place to go.

• Visited January 2014