You added Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center to your Saves list
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   11775 Heron Bay Blvd., Coral Springs, FL 33076 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
birmingam, al
“Warning!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Florida is very hot and this hotel is very poorly air-conditioned. It is fixed to turn off when you leave. Even with the thermostat turned all of the way down room is never below 78 degrees. Also a huge group, and I mean hundreds, of teens are her for a youth conference. For the most part well behaved but te chaperons are worthless. During a room check around 11:30 p.m. they go up and down the halls banging on the doors as loud as they can. They actually banged on my door, then said I was on there list of rooms to check. I assured them that I was not a teenager and part of their group and to kindly leave. The chaperon went ballistic and said "Do you see this badge around my neck? That's all the excuse I need to check this room!" I kindly told her where I would put that badge if she didn't leave then I call the front desk. They are worthless. So I went back to bed. 6 times during the night they pranked me by banging on my door and running. Had to wait for 30 minutes just for an elevator and both washing machines were broken. I travel for a living and have for years and this is by far the worst I have ever experienced. Both bars and the restaurant hours have been altered to accommodate the youth group. I must say though that some of the staff have been awesome for general staffing issues but unwilling to help at all when it comes to this group. Actually saw a heard of them texting and walking and knocked an elderly woman right off of the side walk. They pretended not to speak English, laughed and kept walking. Poor crowd control Marriott. My company will be in this area through the end of the year and you will no longer get our business.

Room Tip: Bring a fan if you want your room to be cool in the middle of the sweltering Florida summer
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and your great feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and your feedback will help us do do. Anytime we have large groups of children in we plan on extra security and try to take all measures to ensure that all enjoy there experience. I apologize that they were disruptive and there were long waits for the elevator. I can ensure this is not a common occurance here but we do like to take differant types of groups and enjoy when all can experience the Marriott culture.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Sao Leopoldo, RS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel staff was outstanding. The breakfast bar was really good. The beds were comfortable. However, for the price I paid, I expected breakfast and I expected not to have to pay for the internet. Internet, in the room, was $9.95 per day. We stayed because my son was getting married in this hotel and it was convenient for everyone. But, I would find another if on my own. (I don't play golf!)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not exceptional. We are always looking for ways to improve and your feedback will help us.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I had never stayed at this property, but it looked beautiful from the outside. The inside was less than impressive. Front desk didn't have the requested room ready at check in and offered a completely different room as a concession. That offer was declined and I choose to wait to check in until the room I asked for was ready. They assured me they would call when it was available. They did call...at 8pm. The room was ok...doors, baseboards are dirty or stained. Bed was comfortable and we had a nice view of the golf course. There is no onsite coffee shop and only one restaurant available. Pool and gym were small and the pool chairs were old and cracked. Overall, won't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I am sorry to here about your challanges on Sunday. I was here that day and am aware that some rooms waited longer than they should have to check in due to some rare circumstances we did everything in our power to prevent. I want to apologize for that and although you mentioned never wanting to stay here again, if you do change your mind please reach out to me directly so I can do soemthing nice for you. This was an isolated occurance and I promise you it would not happen again. Either way we appreciate your feedback and business. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations.

Long Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I got a wonderful deal for this hotel. It was beautiful,clean and the beds were like a little piece of heaven. The staff was accommodating and very friendly. We ordered room service and the food was delicious! However...I read the reviews about the noise in the atrium. When we checked in, I inquired about events during our stay. There was a wedding and a Bar Mitzvah. Luckily, we got a corner room so the noise didn't wake us. I was up from 12:30-2:30AM with a sick child and I could hear guests in the bar acting totally inappropriately. No one seemed to be stopping them. It HAD to be a nightmare for the rooms surrounding the atrium. Then there was the pool...My son was dying to go swimming and as soon as the weather permitted, we went to the pool. There was a large family already set up in the cabanas with their own beer and liquor. They seemed nice enough and even chatted with us saying that they (the people we spoke with) weren't even staying at the hotel. Maybe others in the party were...My husband predicted that once all the liquor started flowing the "nice people" would change and was he right! They took all the towels and tied them into a volleyball net and thereby took over the entire pool. They were loud and obnoxious. Again, I saw no one from the management trying to control the situation. From our balcony overlooking the pool, we could see two other families that arrived and immediately turned around when they saw this crowd of about 20 people. WHERE WAS THE MANAGEMENT? It is a shame because everything else in the hotel was top notch. They have to stop being afraid of controlling the minority of their guests or they will lose the majority!

Room Tip: Do not take a room around the atrium!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I am sorry to hear about the challanges you dealt with during your stay. I will speak to our manager on duty to see why this was not dealt with in a better manner. Our pool area and cabanas are very popular amenities and can assure you that this is not a common occurance here. If you have any plans to travel down this way again please let me know so we can do soemthing nice for you. Thanks for your feedback.

Ann Arbor, Michigan. USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Spring Hotel is the best. My wife we needed a special room since my wife is a polio survivor. The staff and the hotel are great. Beautiful setting! We definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 316 if you have physical challenges.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and your kind words. I will pass this along to the staff. We hope to see you again soon.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'd like to begin with special recognition of the exceptionally high standard of service we received at this hotel. My reservation for this stay was made using my Marriott Rewards points for two evenings. For some reason, there was an issue in the billing system and my second night disappeared sometime between check-in and the following morning. I went to the front desk, finding my room key did not work, and they quickly and courteously investigated and resolved the problem. I spent no more than 5 minutes at the desk and was able to stay in the same room with no hassle.

The hotel itself is excellent. It is clean and well maintained located in a golf community in quiet Coral Springs just off a primary expressway that leads North towards Boca and South into the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area. It took us roughly 30 minutes to reach central Ft Lauderdale and about 20 minutes to reach beach access in Pompano Beach.

The hotel features all the amenities you'd expect from a standard Marriott including room service, a nice hotel bar, pool, exercise room, business center, and well decorated nicely maintained rooms and lobby areas.

I have nothing but positive things to say and we will continue to frequent this particular location for all our needs in the Ft Lauderdale area going forward.

Room Tip: Banquet halls are beneath second floor rooms so a higher room will be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your business and the great feedback. I will share with the team here. Please let me know the next time you are in town, would love to meet you.

954 227-4119
justin.nels@jqh.com
Tilburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

One thing we surely love and always expect from the Marriott chain and brand hotels is the excellent costumer service and professional attitude from the staff. Once more staying at this Marriott property did not let us down. My sister and I came late in the evening and we were welcomed by a great staff. What I liked was that the staff was in same age-category as us (late 20's) but treated us like any other guest. Thumbs up for their professionalism and being down to earth. (if it give any help we checked in on Monday May 13th at 10:30pm) Guess we were lucky since we had no trouble at all with noise! In matter of fact hotel was very quiet during our stay. Our room was the corner with a lovely balcony overlooking the golf-course. My sister was very happy that the sauna was 24h open and could used it middle of the night. The fitness area was during this trip the most equipped one we had. Did a proper workout session. The pool and jacuzzi was very much appreciated. Great way to relax on our last day of our Holiday. Room was large, spacious and clean. Love that they use Bath & Bodyworks amenities. Can't fault the hotel! Location is bit far away from downtown Fort Lauderdale and the Airport (30min driving non-toll roads). But if you do your research it will not be a surprise. They are many different places to grab a bite to eat and a Publix close by the hotel. We had a rental-car so distance was not an issue. Finding the hotel was also not a problem at all. Checking out was smooth and again by a friendly staff. We ask if we could stay an hour longer in our room (check out time is 12:00pm) and it was no problem and free of charge! All in all thank you for a wonderful and relaxing stay!

Room Tip: Corner room are quiet and I think with all corners have Balcony!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thanks for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Please let me know if I can ever assist.

Justin

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Address: 11775 Heron Bay Blvd., Coral Springs, FL 33076 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)
Location: United States > Florida > Coral Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center 3.5*
Discover the spectacular Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center; a proud member of the Florida Green Lodging Program, our hotel is within minutes of everything you need for a weekend gateway, golf retreat, wedding or meeting. A golfer's paradise, our Coral Springs hotel features an on-site world-class course, Golf Academy and lighted driving range. With fine and festive dining, shopping, beaches, spas and casinos all just minutes away, escape to a tropical paradise where you can have it all. Enjoy walking and biking trails, and airboat rides through the Florida Everglades. As the official Coral Springs hotel of the NHL's Florida Panthers spend an evening at a hockey game, world-class concert or event at the Bank of Atlantic Center. This Coral Springs hotel's convention space measures close to 18,000 sq ft to complement our 224 guest rooms and suites, making it an ideal location for your next meeting or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club Hotel Coral Springs
Marriott Coral Springs

If you own or manage Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.