“Do stay here - it's worth it” 5 of 5 stars

Stay More, Save More
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Do stay here - it's worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

Stayed for seven days in November after coming from the Biltmore which was a great dissapointment. This hotel is great - so great in fact that it is now my hotel of choice when in Miami and I usually stay at The Mandarin. It's not overly fancy but they got the right things right. The shower was powerful with an endless supply of hot water. The bed was amazing (I enquiered about purchasing a matteress) and the room was just the right size with a charming little balcony for my cigars. Great service, great location and surprisenly great food. Great value for the money spent.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

612 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

This hotel is one of my favorites !! I stayed there for a few days before and after my wedding then again for other events. For my Wedding , My room was incredible, Very clean spacious and modern. The french doors that lined the room(4 of them to be exact) led out to my balcony which was open to the pool area. It was beautiful. The day of my rehearsal the valet informed me that my car wouldn't start , apparently they had broken the shifter and my car would not go into gear. They offered to have it fixed and to file a claim but because I needed the car I asked that they tow the car to my home where we will fix it. They were thrilled that we didn't file a claim and offered everything comped, breakfast, parking, taxi services. They did make up for it and it shows that they value there customers. I always stay here when I'm in the area !!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

I made a last minute reservation for one night for only $140. Was met by pleasant front desk staff. Upgraded to very large mini-suite on 6th floor. Had view of the outdoor pool just outside my window, plus a mini balcony. HDTV and king size bed just as I like them. Lots of restaurants within 4 blocks. Quiet room. large bathroom as well. Prefer this over the Westin Coral Gables.

Parking underground was expensive but convenient.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Celebration, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

The rooms at the Hyatt are a very nice size. The decor is done nicely throughout the hotel and rooms. Bathrooms are done very nicely/updated. Everything was very clean. Personnel there were all great.
I would recommend that they put at least 2 each of the coffee packets in the rooms vs. 1 each (caf and decaf) as they are single servings. Had I checked prior to making it in the morning, I would have called for more.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

This place has earned it's 4 star rating, as it's everything you'd expect from such a hotel. The entrance is grand but not overstated, and the help is extremely courteous and bi-lingual. The rooms are elegant and spotless, with a bathroom that hits all the right notes.

There were only two glaring problems with this hotel. First and foremost, guests must pay $16 a day to self-park, or $20 a day for valet. Perhaps if you're staying in a 4 star hotel in New York you should expect this, but not in Miami.

The only other issue that I noticed was the aging canvas on the balcony covers. It had holes and patches on them, and it rained right thru them as we watched. The balconies are not large to begin with, so there's no way to stay outside and enjoy a passing storm on one.

Overall, we had a lovely stay here, especially since we got the room for $69 a night on priceline. I'd have liked to use Tripadvisor, but they don't offer any way to make a bid on hotel rooms.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Philadelphia - Burbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I was there moving my son back to UM. Had heard very good things about the Hyatt and they were all accurate. I was lucky enough to find a great deal on Hotwire for two nights. The staff was outstanding, very accommodating and friendly. The hotel was super clean as was my room. Very comfortable bed. As mentioned in another review, the fan on the air conditioner ran a bit loud. That's the only nick I can pick though. The pool is a comfortable and quiet Oasis. Bring your own beverages if the bar isn't open (or even if it is).

I will definitely stay there again, even if I can't locate the deal on Hotwire.
TIps:
Self park in the garage to $ave or all day Sunday on the street (safe) for free.
Lots of nice places to eat and drink. I tried the Gables Diner twice (very good) and had a delicious Latte and muffin at Pasion Coffee.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I arrived in Coral Gables, having never been there, on a Friday night. I found the hotel and the valet guys were even amazing. I self parked under the building (my package I got with the hotel included self parking). Went to the check-in and it could not have been more perfect. Diane was extraordinary. She helped me "relax and get away". There was a large "Water Polo" tournament going on in the area, so all the teams were staying in the hotel - that was the only downfall - but the hotel staff took such good care of me.... it was not an issue.
I was there to get some R&R and get away from reality (you need that every once in a while). The room was perfect, perfect perfect and I consider myself a hotel "snob". Everything I wanted plus more. The bathrooms are STUNNING! Feels like a real designer came in and did stuff rather than the generic bathrooms......
Small issue. The beds were comfortable, but the sheets could use some work. They are generic sheets (not even bottom sheets, just top sheets laid over the mattress). That was my ONLY problem, but I slept well.
The breakfast at the hotel is top notch! It was so good and everyone there was very very accommodating. When I went for breakfast on Sunday, they were short staffed, but luckily the manager was smart enough to "crank it out" and the staff worked their butts off.
Internet service in the rooms is a little slow, but I am sure that was just my weak old computer.
Great hotel, would go back again and again and again. The staff (Diane and Frank) deserve metals for my stay. Again, I am a little of a hotel snob and they took care of me 100000%.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!