“Beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Portland, OR
“Beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights post-cruise. We got a great rate on priceline and we could not have been happier. It is a beautiful hotel. The front desk was very nice and did not seem to care that we had booked through priceline. We had a no-smoking king room with a terrace that overlooked the pool. It could not have been nicer. The room was huge and had a couple of chairs, 42" flat screen TV, mini-bar, safe. The bathroom was also large and nicely appointed.

The hotel offered complimentary printing of boarding passes at the front desk which I thought was a great feature. Parking was $12.80 for the weekend and $16 for weekdays. Many restaurants and shops nearby.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
SE Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

Got a great off-season corporate rate. It was arguably the best room I've ever had for the price on a business trip. We had a 3-day event in the hotel and the hotel staff were very accommodating and helpful. They initially gave me a smaller room which looked great, like it had just been renovated, but I returned the first day to find the carpet was all wet. Turned out there was a problem with the drain the tub and my morning shower had some drained under the wall into the bedroom. They immediately moved me to a nicer room with a seating area. The only thing I found irksome was the $10/day Internet charge. I hate it when hotels charge for services that should be included. Location was great. Many restaurants within easy walking distance. I had rented a car but didn't really need it. Self parking was right underneath in the basement and $12.80/day.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

Especially true for the wonderful restaurant and bar staff.
I travel frequently on business and these folks never fail to greet me by name. In particular, a woman with thick reddish hair and a Latin gentleman who hold court at the bar on weeknights - sorry I forget their names! They are so nice! They make you feel like part of the family.
If I lived down there, I'd hang out there!
Could use a better TV or some good music though.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

The hotel is an older building but has been recently renovated. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous, amazing decor and very spacious. Service was terrific, from the valet to check in to the restaurant staff (try the panini for breakfast, tasty!). The details like the nice bathroom amenities, flat screen TV and iHome in the room really made a difference. It's not on the beach, maybe 20 miles in, but a very nice part of town with a great selection of boutique stores and restaurants. I wish I had a couple of extra days to relax here, will definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

We stayed at the Hyatt after our cruise in August, 2009. This is a great hotel. Parking at the hotel is $16 per day and wireless internet is $10 per day. The staffs are friendly and helpful. We also tried the Two Sisters restaurant at the hotel and the food was good.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

The staff: Warm and accomodating. We checked in very early at 11 am and then didn't love the view from the room. I cringed at the thought of asking for another room because here we were checking in at 11 am--being those guests who don't follow the rules--yet they kindly moved us to a higher floor. They could have huffed and puffed for checking in before the official check-in time and for inquiring about the possibility of a room change...but they didn't.

Also, when I asked the person at check-in if he knew if a certain restaurant was nearby, he looked it up on Google maps and printed out the map and directions for me. I didn't ask him to do that...and as the reservations desk person, it's probably not his job to do that, but he did it. It's little things like that that make a difference in a pleasant experience and a forgettable/don't-recommend-it-to-your-friends experience.

The room: Felt very new, spacious and comfortable. One teensy fault (that I find in a lot of hotel rooms) is that there weren't enough hooks for stuff. I think there was just one in the bathroom. Also, if I was to be really nit-picky, I'd say that I would have liked bathrobes. I thought that was sort of standard at that star level.

The surrounding area: It was a quiet home base for us as we skipped around Miami, the Everglades and even Ft. Lauderdale. I had stayed in South Beach before and knew I didn't want to be around that scene for the whole trip...this hotel was perfect for us!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

The room is large and bed comfy. The bathroom didn't have an adequate fan system, thereby "holding" the hairspray, perfume odors. Only one towel hook (seems odd.)
One small basket in the entire room which was in the bathroom.
The staff is so friendly and helpful. We enjoyed sitting in the evenings at the pool area, relaxing in the peaceful environment.
Parking is pricey ($21 per day).

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
#5 of 11 in Coral Gables
4.0 of 5 stars 181 reviews
Coconut Grove
Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!