“I am SO GLAD I didn't cancel this reservation” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Princeton, New Jersey
“I am SO GLAD I didn't cancel this reservation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stayed here on a layover after 6 nights in a "5-star boutique hotel"( by Costa Rican standards). Honestly, I was going to cancel and stay at the Four Season after the insanity of my trip back to the states. Total nightmare of lost passports, 2 planes, various taxis, endless customs lines, lost baggage, etc. But I'm so glad I didn't. I think this property is an overlooked gem. The staff was superb, upgrading me to a suite (that I didn't request, or expect) was like a gift for a worn down soul. Room was gorgeous--not a spec out of place and the comfort of the bed was heaven. When in Costa Rica, I made mental notes of small things I would do to upgrade the room experience, but I could think of nothing I would do when staying here. The room was that perfect. The restaurant, Bar 50, made me an amazing meal, with an outstanding side salad that I'm still talking about, and a perfect mojito, and honestly, after that, I could not have been happier. Not much going on around the hotel, to be honest. Kinda boring, but close to the airport. However, the property and the service impressed the hell out of me. ANd I told them so.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Coral Cables, FL after a nightmare in Costa Rica's trip. I am pleased also to hear that you liked the hotel for its location right in the thick of everything close to great restaurants and close to airport, the gracious staff and their excellent service as well as the amazing meal you had at the Bar 50 with an outstanding side salad and a Mojito. Your positive appreciation both were forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I normally stayed in Brickell but this time I had a doctor's appointment in Coral Gables and decided to give this a try after staying at the Hyatt in Brickell, it was from hell to heaven. The Hyatt in Brickell it's old and poor maintained, but this Hyatt is excellent. Really nice and helpful staff, nice public spaces and I got upgraded to a suite which was big, clean and very comfortable. I will definitely come back to this one.

Room Tip: Pool view is the best one here since you can't see the ocean from their location.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
I am glad to hear that you loved Coral Cables and you enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Regency Coral Cables, FL. I am please also to hear that you liked the hotel for its location right in the thick of everything close to great restaurants, the gracious and helpful staff, nice public spaces and big, clean and comfy suite. Your positive appreciation both were forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Boca Raton, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The service was excellent and our suite was very nice. We found that anything we needed was quickly brought to us. From the valet to the check-in experience all was lovely. The breakfast delivered at the time requested from the night before was perfect.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the suites with a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Coral Cables, FL. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our excellent service and our suite as well as the lovely service experienced from the check-in to check-out. In addition to the great breakfast served and requested from the night before. Your positive appreciation both were forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I was very disappointed with the service at this Hyatt Regency. The hotel should be a 3 diamond hotel not 4 diamond. The hotel interior is old and outdated. The bath towel smells bad. The service was poor especially in the restaurant and lobby bar. The hotel overcharged me upon my checkout. I have to ask the front desk to correct their mistake.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed here a second time. The service was outstanding. Diana, from the front desk called us after we got to our room just to make sure that it was satisfactory. We had a junior suite with a balcony overlooking the pool. It was beautiful. You can do self parking underneath the hotel that can be accessed off of Giralda.

Room Tip: I highly recommend a room with a balcony
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. I'm so delighted that you were able to visit us again. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful staff. I'm so happy that Diana took such good care of you. I will certainly forward your experience to our management team so that she is properly recognized.

We would love to welcome you back again soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Had a very nice room and good breakfast. It's an old swank type of place and we very much enjoyed it. The breakfast was a bit expensive but not out of line with what I would expect to pay. Most definitely would stay there again. If you get there late there are parking spots on the street and that can save on the parking.

Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This is a very relaxed Hyatt property. The staff are friendly and welcoming. The location is great with everything being within a few minutes walk.
The hotel is a bit tired, but that somehow adds to the charm.
If you don't want to eat in the hotel, there are lots of good restaurants close by, and for breakfast try Cafe Demetrio just down the street where an excellent hot breakfast including coffee is less than $10.
Also be aware valet parking is currently $27 per night.
All in all a very nice experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!