“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lima, Peru
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is just perfect. In my case I needed a hotel close enough to the airport that would give me the possibility of visiting the Miracle Mile area for one day. The service at the hotel was very good. I got an up-grade for a junior suite considering they had no king beds available on the regular ones. Having tea at the main lobby was quite an experince and we enjoyed looking at the luxury plus old fashioned decore, the piano event and the excellent service from the staff. I will definitely consider this hotel when visiting the area again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Polish first
Venice, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I traveled here on business and the location, meeting rooms, fitness center were all great. The location was perfect as it was within walking distance to the Miracle Mile which provided many great options for dining out.
The pool area was nice but the sun was not shining so no one was utilizing it and the bar area did not seem to be open.
The rooms were very nice. The hotel staff was extremely friendly with greeting everyone and catering to whatever requests were made.
The only negative thing I will say about this hotel is that their in house restaurant was not good at all. The service was quite slow and the food was terrible.
The location made up for it as it gave many outside options for dining that saved the day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

The rooms were clean and very pretty. The bathrooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. We were also able to park in the meters and save $24 a day on parking.

We had a pool view room. I would highly recommend this hotel for its cleanliness, luxury and location.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hello FL_Prelude!

Thank you for going out of your way to write this review about your experience at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. I am so happy to hear your loved your stay and your guestroom and thank you so much for recommending our hotel to your friends and family. Our biggest compliment is your recommendation! Hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Coral Gables.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

After a nine hour flight from London and a two hour queue to get through Miami Airport immigration we eventually arrived at the hotel,exhausted, for a one night stay prior to joining a cruise ship. We were greeted by the wonderful welcome and smile of Richard on reception. What a difference that makes to two tired people! Shortly afterwards we were served food in the bar by the very friendly and helpful Brad. Our brief experience of the hotel impressed us immensely. We had a super large room with a couch and a very comfortable bed. Breakfast the following morning - our first in the USA - was excellent. Sorry our stay was so brief!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding our staff at the reception and the bar area. It is always a pleasure to hear that you were impressed by the excellent service offered by Richard and Brad during your first stay in the US. Also, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our oversize guestroom and our breakfast the following morning. Your appreciation was forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had a three night stop over pre cruise. On arrival my impression was of an old 1950s Hotel with possibly a few old film stars passing through. Lots of the décor was original. However the things we appreciated were the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and things happened immediately.eg. I asked for extra hangers and towels and they were in the room before I got back to the room. All the staff were helpful and knowledgeable about the area particularly Nick on the front desk. Also a quiet location within the City and the room itself was very quiet. Great shower and plenty of hot water. Great Italian Deli and Winebar just around the corner.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Upon a late arrival, I was greeted with a wonderful smile and "Welcome to the Hyatt Regency". The attendant at the check in was very accommodating and friendly, making the check in very pleasant experience.
Upon arriving home I noticed that I left my Ipad. I called the hotel and they promptly transferred me to Housekeeping. Becky--in housekeeping --asked me a few questions then said they have the IPAD ---and they promptly sent it to my office.
Thanks for the outstanding service by everyone!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
I’m glad to hear you had a great stay and they were able to get you the IPad back. It is always nice to see when a guest comments on the friendly staff at our hotels. I hope you have the chance to stay with us again soon.

John Stockwell- Guest Services Specialist
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This hotel is nice but it's not elaborate. Price is ok but could be less Rooms are not updated and a little old. Coffee in room nice bit only enough for one person Internet fee charged unless you are a Hyatt member. It's average in my opinion for a Hyatt Hotel. It is one of the nicer hotels in the Gables and close walking to stores and restaurants

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!