“Five star Service from Check-in to Check-out !” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Five star Service from Check-in to Check-out !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We were in on Dec. 27th a Friday and stayed thru Sunday too with a Mon. morning check out.
My wife and I booked a Terrace Suite and upon arrival, our room was not quite ready yet. We received a comp voucher for the bar and had two drinks for the short wait, which was great.
Our room was excellent, we really enjoyed the balcony with friends as we were in town for a wedding.
One of the first things we noticed about the service going 'above and beyond' was the luggage handler said "your cooler seems light, can I fill it with ice for you?"
All of the staff, including the guys in valet service were professional, very attentive and seemed genuine.
The Hyatt was very close walking distance to the Miracle Mile and affords a very safe area with a great vibe. There are plenty of wonderful restaurants nearby if you use Trip Advisor or other apps.
There is also a great little coffee shop close by and a pharmacy about a 10 min. walk.
Would definitely return to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables since we now know the quality service is there.

Room Tip: Great room photos are on the hotels web site, many options for rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Rick8469,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that the efforts of our staff made your stay unforgetable. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best Regards,
-Paul R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Polish first
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Reception staff was very helpful along with the valet and bellhops. In a great location near Miracle Mile which has a lot of great restaurants and boutiques. Stayed here on New Years Eve the hotel was very busy yet every member of the staff was very attentive. The bartender I don't remember his name was super friendly and made us some delicious shots while we were waiting for a cab. A cab to Brickell was around $20 and a cab to South Beach was around $40. Beautiful area would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Wesley Chapel, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Super friendly staff. Very helpful bellhops. Lovely pool setting on the roof top. Great architecture. Clean and elegant rooms. Wish they had faster WiFi and more food options but would most definitely stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Good Afternoon pickytrav69,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your amazing stay at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. We are so thrilled to have found your stay most accommodating and we will be sure to recognize our staff for the friendly and great service they provide. I will also send your feedback on internet and food and beverage options to our hotel management for them to review and follow up with. We hope you will join us in the future on your next trip to Coral Gables.

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Midwest US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights on a recent business trip to the hotel. The hotel is about a 15 minute cab ride from Miami International airport so expect a cab fare of around $18. Check in was quick and Richard at the front counter took his time explaining everything and was very helpful.

The room I had was typical, king sized bed, flat panel tv, desk area, closet to hang clothes in and bathroom with a tub/shower. Overall, I was pleased with the room. I did notice a musty smell upon entering the room and it always seemed like the room had a muggy feel to it compared to the hallways. I did adjust the thermostat, but it always seemed be off a couple of degrees from the setpoint and never shut off unless you actually switched it off. Apparently auto isn't an option on these thermostats. I'm usually pretty picky when it comes to cleanliness of hotels because it really tells you a lot about the quality of the hotel. For the most part, I was happy with how clean the room was. Two items I noticed failed though. First, the coffee maker had obviously not been cleaned out by room service as it had a little bit of water in the reservoir and a used coffee filter still in it. Secondly, on top of the minibar, there is a set of glasses for drinking water. The glasses are sitting on coasters that say "Enjoy your drink". not sure I could enjoy my drink as the coaster it was on was filthy. It looks like they haven't replaced it in months. The glass had finger prints all over it.

Wifi access was included as part of my meeting groups rate so I do not know what it would cost for access. The service though was great...no issues with slow internet. Meeting rooms were located on the mezzanine level and were okay. I thought the room we were in was a little small for our group and for two days everyone complained about how cold the room felt. No matter how much we adjusted the thermostat, it seemed like the AC was always blowing.

The hotel has a nice feel about it. It is very large, but never felt like it was crowded. It has a nice bar area and a restaurant, but I did not eat at the restaurant so I cannot speak for the food or service. I did use the exercise room one morning. In my opinion it seems like an afterthought. It is about the size of two standard rooms and feels a little cramped with equipment. The morning I went down to work out all the cardio machines were in use so I was out of luck.

About a block away is a number of shops and restaurants located on what is called the "magnificent mile" I'm not sure I would call it magnificent. There are quite a few restaurants, but shops are lacking...unless your looking for a wedding dress and then are about 8 different stores that sell dresses. Other than this area, you'd have to take a cab to find any other options for shopping/dining.

Overall, I was happy with the hotel and service and would be willing to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here one night as our pre-cruise hotel. It was Art Basel weekend, but we found a decent rate here. Everyone was very friendly from the moment we arrived to departure. The doormen (I think they are outsourced) were great gentlemen.

We were able to walk to anything we needed. Nordstrom Rack and Marshalls were a short distance, some excellent restaurants along Miracle Mile. Very close to MIA airport, too.

The property is ok. Our room smelled like it had water damage, but otherwise it was crazy spacious. Massive ceilings and we had a great view of flights departing MIA.

I'll definitely return and next time request a balcony room. I wanted to have breakfast out on the balcony. :(

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings StarAlly,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. We appreciate this great feedback and are so happy to hear overall you enjoyed your visit. We will definitely follow up with management about the smell you encountered in your guest room and thanks again for bringing this to our attention. We hope you return to soon and hope we are able to provide you with a balcony room so you can enjoy an amazing breakfast on it! Have a great weekend.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

was a bit worried by reviews but had a great room on 12th floor. Lots of room with king bed and sofa in front of that, then table and tv. Writing desk to the side. Forgot razor and one was brought up in 10 minutes. Check in and out was great. Nice exercise room, outdoor pool and jacuzzi not used but looked nice.
Only problem was tough to get the temp up, seemed destined to remain at 70 with cool air.
Proximity to great area of Coral Gables is superb.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The Hyatt Regency Coral Gables is so close to Miami airport, yet located in a charming, Spanish style neighborhood where you can walk to many shops and restaurants. We loved this hotel. Stayed for 3 nights in November. Our room was immaculately clean and very comfortable for 2 people. All the staff members we encountered in the corridors, at the reception and front door were very nice. We did not try the restaurant, room service, bar or pool so I can't comment on those. We chose a room deal that included parking (with unlimited in/out privileges) and that was very convenient for us. We found nearby restaurants for all our meals. There are plenty of food choices on the Miracle Mile and a Starbucks too. We would definitely go back to this friendly and pretty hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
I am glad to hear your enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables in November. It was nice to see how you wrote about our friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, and our charming neighborhood. I hope you are able to come stay with us again.

John S- Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!