We booked a last minute getaway to Coral Gables and got a great deal on the cost of the room. The facility was beautiful, with a pool and jacuzzi in the courtyard. Our room was spacious and as always, we requested a quiet location. The room was away from the elevator and NOT quiet--heard numerous people walking down the hall after midnight. As frostbitecra2002 noted, the sheets on the bed were not fitted and came undone in the night. I am not sure the temperature controls worked because after adjusting them twice, the AC would go on, and then not cycle on again.
BUT the icing on the cake was when we relaxed in the jacuzzi and noticed when we were back in the room that both our swimsuits were ruined! I immediately called the manager and was told that engineering would check it out. When the manager called back, she said there was no problem with the chemicals, and that there must have been something on our swimsuits that caused them to be bleached out!!! She basically said I was a liar, and all she could do was give us a free breakfast.I told her the cost of the two suits was $160 and she said they couldn't do anything without a receipt for the bathing suits. At that point, I asked to have a superior contact me, and no one has to date.
When it came time to check out, I tried using the television to let Hyatt know of my displeasure but the "system was down" and I was unable to contact them. At check out I mentioned this and the cost of parking was taken off our bill. Since I finally had talked to someone reasonable, I mentioned the ruined suits, and the cost of the hotel was refunded. I would still like to talk to someone from Hyatt, since I do not appreciate staying at a 4 star hotel and receiving 1 star treatment when I voice my displeasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the "Beverly Hills of Miami", Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, a stunning AAA Four Diamond hotel set in the heart of Coral Gables offers the unparalleled personalized service and luxurious accommodations that you seek for your weekend getaway. Relax by the pool with a fresh Mojito or enjoy regional flavors at Two Sisters, our award winning restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hyatt Regency Coral Gables reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Coral Gables Hotel Coral Gables
- Coral Gables Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Coral Gables