“Disappointed in the level of quality.” 2 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Fort Worth, Texas
“Disappointed in the level of quality.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

When we arrived we felt the hotel was quite nice, but clearly someone is dropping the ball as far as upkeep of the rooms goes. The floor was somewhat dirty and the carpet in need of replacement. The furniture was also showing wear. I have seen better bathrooms in much cheaper hotels as well. What really got to me though was that the bed was made with a dirty, torn mattress cover with no fitted sheet on top! Only a tucked in flat sheet. The flat sheet also looked as though it hadn't been cleaned and had what looked like semen on it. Disgusting. There were also only two sheets, a thin blanket, and two pillows per queen bed. I would generally expect a comforter and four pillows, even from budget hotels. Overall I'd say that the hotel could be nice, but our room was awful and I wouldn't consider staying there again.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Wiredalive
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Good Afternoon Wiredalive,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us. It is very disheartening to hear about the housekeeping issues you encountered at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. We have forwarded this information to our housekeeping management to follow up with staff to ensure this does not happen to our future guests. Please feel free to contact us at social.media@hyatt.com if you would like to discuss this matter further.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting a client nearby so I thought I would give the Hyatt a try. I was pleasantly surprised. The service was great and the rooms were nice and clean. As well, the pool area was nice and the bar area was fun. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hello USPnTX,

Thank you for having taken the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel to be a pleasant surprise as I see that you enjoyed the service and rooms at the hotel. I really hope that you stay with us again soon!

Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations Associate
Easton, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have been staying there since the early 90's when in Miami.We were there again last week (Nov 20th through the 24th). The rennovation in 2009 brought the hotel back to excellent condition.

I don't know what the negative comments from some reviewers are about regarding smell. This is south Florida, it is humid there. It takes about 8 hours for the A/C to get rid of the humidity, especially if it was off when you check in.

The new (since our last stay there two years ago) buffet breakfast in the Two Sisters restaurant is excellent and cost only $16. Try getting that for less than $20 at other comparable hotels.

The self-park garage is tight but we have never have a problem finding a space in it. This is why I always rent a midsize car there.

Regarding cleanliness: This hotel is spotless compared to many hotels we regularly stay in. The housekeepers even dust the light bulbs in the table lamps.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors facing Alhambra have the best views of Miami and Coral Gables. There a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for this positive review. I am glad to see you enjoy our hotel after the renovation and enjoy the breakfast buffet. I hope you can stay with us again soon.

John S-Guest Relations Associate
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Not mind blowing, but all in all a very nice hotel in a great location. 10 minute ride from Miami International Airport, and right in the middle of the Coral Gables high life. Great restaurants, clubs and various other nightlife. Hotel room was comfy, roomy, and well maintained. Hotel restaurant was also very good quality with excellent service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ray2k
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the comfort of the rooms, the convenient location of our property and your experience at our restaurant. I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations Associate
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here while visiting our daughter for parent's weekend at the University of Miami. The hotel was very nice. I wish we would have had more time to spend at the pool. It looked very nice. The only complaint was with our linens. They only left one washcloth each day and we would have to contact the front desk to get another one. I thought it was just an oversight, but it kept happening even after being made aware of it.

Room Tip: Apparently there are rooms with balconies. That would have been awesome, but we didn't know abou...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had a nice room on the pool floor (5th), which in turn gave me a nice private patio that faces the pool. Very nice hotel - nice features, clean and very comfortable. The room had a large flat-screen tv, which was very nice. However, I couldn't find a channel guide in the room, and the tv was difficult to navigate in general. However, those small things would be the only thing to complain about in this otherwise very nive hotel. Location was great - easy to and from Miami airport, but in a great walking location. I'm not sure it's worth the high end rates that the room seem to go for, but at a mid rate I think it's a great place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My latest business trip to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables could not have gone better. From the second my office manager and I arrived, we were greeted with quality service and kindness. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and the concierge was very accommodating. He went out of his way to print out a map of where we should go and what we should do, it was marvelous! I was very impressed.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the poolside level or one above that. All rooms were great!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
It is always a pleasure to read when our guests have an outstanding experience at our property. We take great pride in offering the best customer service. I have shared your kind words regarding the service from the staff with our management team. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate
#5 of 11 in Coral Gables
4.0 of 5 stars 202 reviews
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!