“Did not get rooms booked” 2 of 5 stars

Stay More, Save More
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Did not get rooms booked”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I booked 2 rooms via Expedia way back in April. We needed 2 beds in each room. Specifically booked 2 x double doubles. Upon arrival was told only one of the rooms had 2 x beds. The other one had 1 bed and 1 couch bed. Was told this was an upgrade! This was not what I booked. No other rooms available. Could have waited 2 hours or next day for a room to become available but it was already 1 hour after checking time. Was offered free breakfast as compensation. Due to this the check in very unpleasant although manager was at all times polite. Come on Hyatt you should be able to organise yourselves to give your customers the rooms they book!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear kennyj50,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. I am disappointed to learn of your bed type request not being honored at check-in. Your feedback will be shared with our Executive Management team to review the procedures with regards to the service by our Front Office Manager. I hope you will consider returning to our hotel for a second opportunity to host you.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt for a laborday weekend retreat. The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to most corak gables eateries and shopping. The facilities are well maintained and service is good. Only negative was that we stayed in room 1111 next to a family what had teenagers who constantly slammed the door which made our stay a little nerve racking. Valet parking is also on the high side at 24 dollars per night. Didn't see self parking as an option. Otherwise a very nice hotel in a great location.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I recently just stayed for a business trip and it was a total positive experience. The front desk was quick to check me in. The room was perfect. Bed was super confortable. Valet was $24 a night. Upon checking out Luis the valet manager helped me with my bags and asked if I had enjoyed my stay. Best valet service I have encountered. Thank you! Will come back on my next business trip.

• Stayed August 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am so excited to read that you had such a positive experience at our property. It is great to hear that you found the service to be very friendly and helpful. We want our guests to have a memorable experience from the moment they arrive. I will be sure Luis is commended for his service. Your recommendation and feedback are greatly appreciated. I look forward to your return in the near future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Beautiful lobby and friendly, professional staff. Nice big area around bathroom sink and good lighting for doing makeup. I stopped in the bar to have dinner and they were running about 45 minutes to get food. Rather than leave the hotel, I waiting for overpriced and unappetizing flatbread. Probably would have been better if they weren't so focused on catching up back orders. Food is the only complaint - everything else was great.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I spent several days at this hotel on two trips. It is located two blocks from Miracle Mile and all its restaurants, but in very quiet area. Service is excellent, kind and helpful. Breakfast buffet is not the best I have seen, but adequate. Self parking is very convinient costing 18 USD per day. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Free wifi for Platinum members of Hyatt's fidelity program.
Good price for excellent rooms

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Picassospain,

Thank you for going out of your way to provide feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. I am delighted to hear how well our location worked for your travel needs. We are quite close to a variety of shops and restaurants on the Miracle Mile. Your comments with regards to the breakfast are appreciated and will be shared with our Executive Chef. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on you next visit to the area.

Safe travels,

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hotel is in a good location, the pool and gym are very accessible. It is one block from coral way/miracle mile. There are a number of restaurants in the area. The Internet is sometimes spotty and slow and does cost 10 a day which is not that good. Also parking is either 18 to self park or 24 for valet.

Rooms are great and in good condition.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I went back to Miami for a Summer Vacation and family visit late July and into the first week of August. We stayed at The Hyatt Regency Coral Gables and we loved it! We did have some reservation problems when we arrived BUT, The management of The Hotel truly rectified it! We will definitely be back! We had such a great time in Miami! My young children loved it!

Room Tip: Merrick Suite or Andalusia Suite for Families.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hi JDPMiami,

I appreciate you taking a moment to provide comments & feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. Our Management team will be recognized for the excellent service you experienced. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Coral Gables.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!