“Beautiful property” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Columbus, OH
“Beautiful property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Beautiful lobby and friendly, professional staff. Nice big area around bathroom sink and good lighting for doing makeup. I stopped in the bar to have dinner and they were running about 45 minutes to get food. Rather than leave the hotel, I waiting for overpriced and unappetizing flatbread. Probably would have been better if they weren't so focused on catching up back orders. Food is the only complaint - everything else was great.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Polish first
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I spent several days at this hotel on two trips. It is located two blocks from Miracle Mile and all its restaurants, but in very quiet area. Service is excellent, kind and helpful. Breakfast buffet is not the best I have seen, but adequate. Self parking is very convinient costing 18 USD per day. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Free wifi for Platinum members of Hyatt's fidelity program.
Good price for excellent rooms

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Picassospain,

Thank you for going out of your way to provide feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. I am delighted to hear how well our location worked for your travel needs. We are quite close to a variety of shops and restaurants on the Miracle Mile. Your comments with regards to the breakfast are appreciated and will be shared with our Executive Chef. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on you next visit to the area.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hotel is in a good location, the pool and gym are very accessible. It is one block from coral way/miracle mile. There are a number of restaurants in the area. The Internet is sometimes spotty and slow and does cost 10 a day which is not that good. Also parking is either 18 to self park or 24 for valet.

Rooms are great and in good condition.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I went back to Miami for a Summer Vacation and family visit late July and into the first week of August. We stayed at The Hyatt Regency Coral Gables and we loved it! We did have some reservation problems when we arrived BUT, The management of The Hotel truly rectified it! We will definitely be back! We had such a great time in Miami! My young children loved it!

Room Tip: Merrick Suite or Andalusia Suite for Families.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hi JDPMiami,

I appreciate you taking a moment to provide comments & feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. Our Management team will be recognized for the excellent service you experienced. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Coral Gables.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Mount Airy, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had outstanding service and the food was amazing! We stayed here on our wedding night during a layover before flying to St. Lucia the next day. We also stayed again during our layover after leaving St. Lucia. I think the best meal we had on the entire trip was at this hotel!

Room Tip: Can't say enough good things about this hotel!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hello mrs_senter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback on your most recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. We are thrilled to hear you enjoy your experience at our hotel from the room to the food and beverage outlets. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Coral Gables.

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Highland Park, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

In the middle of Miracle Mile shops and restaurants. About 10 minutes from University of Miami. Facility is very well kept and clean. The room was made up impeccably and the staff very friendly. The "fitness center" is a small room with some basic treadmills and weights; nothing high end but certainly sufficient. Pool is very nice with a bar locker rooms with showers and sauna. Great choice if you're staying in the area.

Room Tip: top floor has 14 foot ceilings. some 6th floor rooms have balconies that overlook the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello Steve N,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback on your most recent stay with us. We are so happy that your experience at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables was overall a great trip and I appreciate the great remarks you have shared about our hotel and staff members because your referral is our biggest compliment. I will be sure to recognize them for the great quality of service they have provided, and we hope to welcome you back on you next visit Coral Gables.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables for a conference, and my stay was perfectly acceptable. The room was nice, if showing some age (torn duvet cover, etc.), and the location is good, close to the University of Miami, shopping, and restaurants. As other reviewers have noted, the internet charge ($9.95 per night) and the high parking fee are definitely an inconvenience and make the hotel rate less reasonable than might initially appear. While my overall stay was fine, it was colored by my arrival experience. There were multiple issues with my check-in process; most egregiously, I was checked into and sent to an uncleaned room, with a mussed bed, keys on the desk, and trash in the trashcan. When I returned to the front desk to request an alternate room (and, subsequently, to request assistance with my parking access, which was incorrectly set up multiple times), the staff did not apologize or express regret for these errors; instead, they seemed inconvenienced by my presence. My minimal additional interactions with the staff were perfectly friendly, and the management who reached out to me following my stay did apologize for these issues when I communicated them. However, this negative first impression, combined with the hotel's other small shortcomings, will lead me to seek an alternate property if I should return to Coral Gables.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!