“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tampa, Florida
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hotel is in a good location, the pool and gym are very accessible. It is one block from coral way/miracle mile. There are a number of restaurants in the area. The Internet is sometimes spotty and slow and does cost 10 a day which is not that good. Also parking is either 18 to self park or 24 for valet.

Rooms are great and in good condition.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I went back to Miami for a Summer Vacation and family visit late July and into the first week of August. We stayed at The Hyatt Regency Coral Gables and we loved it! We did have some reservation problems when we arrived BUT, The management of The Hotel truly rectified it! We will definitely be back! We had such a great time in Miami! My young children loved it!

Room Tip: Merrick Suite or Andalusia Suite for Families.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hi JDPMiami,

I appreciate you taking a moment to provide comments & feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. Our Management team will be recognized for the excellent service you experienced. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Coral Gables.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Mount Airy, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had outstanding service and the food was amazing! We stayed here on our wedding night during a layover before flying to St. Lucia the next day. We also stayed again during our layover after leaving St. Lucia. I think the best meal we had on the entire trip was at this hotel!

Room Tip: Can't say enough good things about this hotel!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hello mrs_senter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback on your most recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. We are thrilled to hear you enjoy your experience at our hotel from the room to the food and beverage outlets. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Coral Gables.

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Highland Park, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

In the middle of Miracle Mile shops and restaurants. About 10 minutes from University of Miami. Facility is very well kept and clean. The room was made up impeccably and the staff very friendly. The "fitness center" is a small room with some basic treadmills and weights; nothing high end but certainly sufficient. Pool is very nice with a bar locker rooms with showers and sauna. Great choice if you're staying in the area.

Room Tip: top floor has 14 foot ceilings. some 6th floor rooms have balconies that overlook the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello Steve N,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback on your most recent stay with us. We are so happy that your experience at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables was overall a great trip and I appreciate the great remarks you have shared about our hotel and staff members because your referral is our biggest compliment. I will be sure to recognize them for the great quality of service they have provided, and we hope to welcome you back on you next visit Coral Gables.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables for a conference, and my stay was perfectly acceptable. The room was nice, if showing some age (torn duvet cover, etc.), and the location is good, close to the University of Miami, shopping, and restaurants. As other reviewers have noted, the internet charge ($9.95 per night) and the high parking fee are definitely an inconvenience and make the hotel rate less reasonable than might initially appear. While my overall stay was fine, it was colored by my arrival experience. There were multiple issues with my check-in process; most egregiously, I was checked into and sent to an uncleaned room, with a mussed bed, keys on the desk, and trash in the trashcan. When I returned to the front desk to request an alternate room (and, subsequently, to request assistance with my parking access, which was incorrectly set up multiple times), the staff did not apologize or express regret for these errors; instead, they seemed inconvenienced by my presence. My minimal additional interactions with the staff were perfectly friendly, and the management who reached out to me following my stay did apologize for these issues when I communicated them. However, this negative first impression, combined with the hotel's other small shortcomings, will lead me to seek an alternate property if I should return to Coral Gables.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is situated within walking distance to many restaurants and shops. The staff was friendly, the lobby was nice, as was our room. The bed was comfortable, and the room was nicely appointed. We were on the 12th floor and looked down on the pool. Unfortunately, I did not get to go swimming, but it looked very inviting. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation; it is our biggest compliment! It is fantastic to read that you found our property to be well appointed and the location to be very convenient. It sounds like you found the Hyatt Grand bed to be extremely comfortable. Having a night’s sleep on one of our Hyatt Grand beds will leave guests feeling relaxed and refreshed. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables in the near future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The staff at this hotel was very friendly ,helpful and accommodating. The hotel lobby, hallways and our room was very clean.The beds were comfortable, no noise from hallway or neighbors Housekeeping staff did a great job. Ordered a few meals which were good.
We recently stayed at a competitor nearby which had a better location near Miracle Mile and business we had, although the service was not comparable. We will be staying in Coral Gables a handful of times a year because we have a daughter at a local Univesity and I am conflicted as to where to stay. All in all this was a very nice stay, next time we hope to use the pool which looked very inviting!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hi lakefront!

I appreciate you taking a moment to share comments about your recent trip to Coral Gables. The employees of our hotel will be recognized for the great service you experienced during your visit. Our Grand Beds is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to see your daughter.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!