“Beautiful rooms! Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Stay More, Save More
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Orlando, Fl
“Beautiful rooms! Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

For the price, this hotel is fantastic! I believe I booked it for $158 online and I was blown away by how beautiful and well appointed the room was for that price. Great location, beautiful lobby, quick service breakfast available. My only complaints are the parking fee (but standard for Miami) and the lack of free Wifi. I really can't believe hotels continue to charge their customers for WIFI. If Starbucks can give it away when I buy a $4 coffee, then my $150 hotel room can too. Seriously--demand your WIFI. I called the front desk and complained and they offered it complimentary.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

612 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Fantastic public areas & the hallways appear to have been updated, but the rooms are still not 5 star, even though Hyatt tends to "over-hype" all their properties as such. Examples? When is the last time you stayed in a hotel - 3, 4 or 5 star - that had flat screen TV's in the room, but did not had HD television service? As a result, the TV's at this hotel offer stretched & blurry viewing that I have not experienced in so long that I had forgotten what it was like. Same with the internet connection, if you can call it that. Something from the dark ages. When I complained, I was told that Hyatt had started to upgrade its HD TV & internet service 2 years ago, but encountered problems with their existing systems, so it had never been finished. Really? Only 2 years ago Hyatt decided to address the issue of improved TV & internet service? Amazing. This is what I mean about Hyatt over-hyping their 5 star properties, when, in fact, they are often 4 at best. Arrived in the room & found 1 water glass. 1 wash cloth. And a lounge chair that might be appropriate for a lobby corner, but certainly nothing that would invite a guest to sit & relax in the room. Still love the facility overall, & the staff, like at most Hyatt's, are top of the line professionals. 5 star public space & hallways, with 4 star rooms & amenities. Can't beat the location for Coral Gables however.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

- The good: great location in Coral Gables. Very impressive lobby with plenty of space to relax and take in the people coming in and out of the hotel. The bed was comfortable and the rooms clean and well appointed.

- The /not/ so good: service was erratic and very slow. Had to wait a few minutes to check in even though there were 4 clerks behind the counter. One was taking care of a customer while out of the other three, two were busy looking at a computer screen and the remaining one was on the phone. I can understand that. Check-in, once it started, was swift although they had trouble locating a room (it was 4pm when I arrived). The room itself was nicely appointed but it was right next to the swimming pool, only separated from it by a few bushes. This meant no view and quite loud traffic/voices from the pool area, in addition to a fairly dark room. I called the front desk to inquire about cab service to a nearby mall. The answer was that the clerk did not know how to get there or how much the service would cost. She would call me back. Never did. Called again and was put on hold. Three times. Gave up and hailed a cab from the street.

- Other: the breakfast buffet was acceptable and service at the lobby level restaurant was significantly better than elsewhere at the hotel. People were happy to be there and knew their business.

All in all I would only stay there again if my business took me there. This is not a good hotel for leisure travelers.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms at pool level
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed at this Hyatt property last weekend, and I must say I was impressed by the Concierge and Bellmen customer service. Always aware of guests coming in or out of the hotel, always ready to open the car doors, greeting with a smile....Overall, a spectacular customer service. I stayed in a room in the last floor, which was nice, great view and comfy, but there is a small window on the edge of the ceiling that there is no curtain and cannot be blocked, so when the sun rising, the room would be bright and I would eventually wake up. Breakfast was good, but I expected a buffet option. I enjoyed my stay, and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask anything to the concierge. They are extremely helpful.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Boblota:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay experience at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. It's great to hear how impressed you were with your visit. Our employees will be recognized for the fantastic customer service provided. Hyatt takes great pride with our employees offering the best customer service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed here for two nights post cruise.This hotel is lovely with a very nice pool.The rooms are beautiful,we had a mini suite that had a king bed with a sofa with a large flat screen tv. The hotel is with in walking distance to Miracle Mile which has many great restaurants. The staff was friendly and professional. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Coral Gables for your post cruise stay. I'm delighted that you found your room to be very spacious and well appointed. I'll be sure to let the staff know that you found their service to be very friendly and professional. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night in January before our cruise out of Port Miami. Check-in was a breeze... welcomed as a Diamond Member and sent a full bottle of white wine plus some salsa and chips.

Room was nice - had a balcony area overlooking the pool. Room service was fast and the food was excellent.

Gym was a little small but equipment was newer and clean. Didn't get to try the outdoor pool but it looked nice.

Location was awesome... close to all the great food in Coral Gables.

Had breakfast in the hotel the morning we left. Service in the restaurant was way above par... really excellent team they have.

Only issue I had was that they billed my credit card the $128.00 for breakfast (4 of us); however, as a Diamond Member it should be free. Called the hotel when I got back from the cruise and they immediately credited the amount back to my card - no questions asked. That was even at 10:30pm.

Staff overall were excellent... will be back here for sure when in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. It gives me great pleasure to read your positive comments about our staff. I am so sorry to hear you were billed incorrectly. Though, I am glad to hear we were able to rectify our billing error in a timely manner. If we can be of further assistance do not hesitate contacting us directly. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! – Ryan
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is truly a tough commentary for me as my wife and I stay here 10-20 days a year. The staff at all levels, the restaurant, the front desk, bell stand, valet, etc remember us and call us by name. The service is excellent with all staff exhibiting a true and sincere desire to serve and accommodate your wishes. The rub with this property is split between 2 areas, one being the fitness center and the other being the outdated AC units that are now highly inefficient at maintaining low humidity and reasonably efficient temperature control in either hot or cooler weather. We always reserve the Terrace Suite and enjoy the layout but the AC is becoming an issue for us. The second area is the Fitness Center. Granted, very few people are into fitness, but those of us who are have come to expect a little better than what this property has to offer. Namely, the universal gym is outdated, the dumbbells are limited in the weight variety and limited in range. There's only one medium ball for crunches, no foam roller, and the bench is unsafe in its design. I have suggested they put a little love into the fitness center, but alas it is obviously not a priority. Hence, I can only give this property a Very Good rating...sadly!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!