“Enjoyed staying there!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
Calgary, Canada
“Enjoyed staying there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed At Hyatt Regency for one night on the 14th floor.The room was big with extra high ceiling and very clean. I enjoyed using the gym in the morning and the pool area was lovely .The only one regret I have that it was a Sunday night and all the shops on Miracle Mile were closed so it was not much to do in the evening. We did not want to drive anywhere. I wish we stayed in this hotel longer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our luxurious guest rooms. We hope to welcome you back for another visit.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate

607 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Located in Coral Gables and but a short drive to and from the airport, the Hyatt provides a comfortable base for leisure and business travelers to Miami. Miracle Mile with its eclectic dining scene is but a few blocks away.
A friendly staffer checked us in, upgraded us to a suite #659 at the end of a hallway, making it super quiet. The spacious, carpeted suite with bedroom, sitting room, balcony, and bathroom was very comfortably furnished, was spotless, but lighting was more for ambiance than for making the suite bright. The king bed was super comfortable, making for a good night of sound sleep.
The bath room with a tub with shower curtain and dated tile work gave away the age of the hotel and refurbishment would stand it well. Repeated grout applications around the rim of the tub no longer keep black mildew in check. An absolute nuisance is the thunderously loud bathroom exhaust fan. Even in a five star hotel, housekeeping is spotty at times, even though the suite sleeps four our bath was stocked with one hand towel, one wash cloth, yet three bath towels, no robe and no slippers.
Nevertheless, on balance we had a comfortable stay and would stay here again at some future visit to Miami.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here as a result of winning a bid off of Priceline. The only complaint if I had to find one was the 12.80 parking fee a night. However the hotel was GORGEOUS! The staff friendly and helped me out by accommodating my hubby and I with a refrigerator and a microwave. (I was competing at Wodapalooza CrossFit comp and I needed to cook food.) I would recommend this property to anyone and everyone. It is close to restaurants and stores. It was close to a Publix grocery store as well as a 24 hour Walgreens.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Shellane:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Our employees will be recognized for providing top-notch service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My view of Miami changed after I got to know Coral Gables and the Hyatt.
If you rather stay in a laid-back neighbourhood rather than the busy Miami Beach area, the Hyatt is an excellent choice. Not very far from the airport and walking distance from great restaurants like Morton's and Hillstone's this hotel is a great pick.
I've stayed there several times of the past five years and service is always great. Porters and the guys who pick-up your car are always very nice to you, making you feel at home.
There is a nice pool in the 5th floor which my kids have used sometimes and they love it. Breakfast is good but the service can be a little slow sometimes if the hotel is full and the charge you for a large party table which was something I've not seen in other places.
Internet access is still very expensive and I guess this is a Hyatt rule which is still a disappointment these days.
I've stayed in different rooms and they were all good. Bathrooms could be a little bigger but I've seem smaller.
Overall this is a very nice hotel and it certainly makes you feel at home in Miami/Coral Gables.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables for one night before a cruise from the Port of Miami. This is a lovely hotel. The staff at the front desk was very professional and welcoming. My room was ready by 11:00am ( you can check the status of your room on-line before arrival). I got the business package that included late checkout, some free internet access, and free breakfast. The food was great; I had made to order omelette, fresh squeezed orange juice, and the waitress was pleasant and attentive. Bell service was prompt, and my room was super clean. However it was small, and I did not take advice from other travelers on requesting a room with a bay view. So I got a city view (the sides of other buildings). This was not an issue for me, as I was only staying for one night. I did not get a chance to check out Miracle Mile, but it is about a ten to fifteen minute walk from the hotel. The area is quiet and seemingly safe, but I just wanted to rest up a bit. I ordered room service which was fast, and the food was delicious. They also have a small but adequate business center open 24 hours, right next to the front desk. There is an outdoor pool with lovely garden and lounging area. If you want to work out, there is a workout room with ellipticals, treadmills, bikes and weights. It's kind of small but modern and well maintained. The lobby is filled with marble and granite, and the room bathroom had granite countertops. I had a king bed and slept like a dream. The hotel was quiet; and the floor was carpeted. Everything was updated and modern.
The Port of Miami is approximately 20 minutes away from the hotel. Cocoanut Grove is nearby as well. Coral Gables is a nice section. Being a solo traveler I felt safer than I would have been in Downtown Miami.
The downsides were that the hotel did not have an ATM- you have to walk outside around the corner to get to one. The front desk assured me that the hotel was working on this. Hey , Hyatt, this is unacceptable for such a large and well-known hotel chain.
I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view or garden view if they offer it. Complain about the lack of an ATM inside the ho...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for providing such a detailed review. It’s always a pleasure to hear when our guests have a fantastic stay at our property. It sounds like you really enjoyed the service and amenities our hotel has to offer. I appreciate you choosing Hyatt Regency Coral Gables for your stay. Your recommendation is our greatest compliment. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at the Coral Gabls hotel in November 2012 as my company was holding a conference at the said hotel. The rooms are nice a big, but odd in their design with huge bedroom areas, but very small bathrooms, theya re also a bit dated, the hotel must be 20 years old and looks like it needs a bit of a revamp, but all in all comfortable. The food was very nice, and the lunch and breakfast options for my guests went down well, if you like Cuban inspired food that is. I took my client sto a little italian restaurant just off the Miracle Mile for an evening meal, and whilst the look of the establishment, with Ferraris and Bentleys outside made it look amaxzing it was quite lackluster, which i felt was the general theme of this purpose built looking area of Miami. All in all a nice stay, but not as good as we thought and for the price..

Room Tip: The back of the hotel is quieter with a view of the pool area
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sunnyvale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you're staying in Coral Gables and want to be close to the Miracle Mile then I'd recommend this hotel, it's 3 blocks away. The staff here is incredibly helpful, they're definitely a plus. We stayed in a jr suite which was a bit disappointing, I expected a suite but got a large room. The meal selection could be better, but there are several restaurants nearby. Also, the hotel is 15 minutes from the airport. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!