“Convenient hotel in Coral Gables” 4 of 5 stars

Stay More, Save More
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sunnyvale, California
“Convenient hotel in Coral Gables”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you're staying in Coral Gables and want to be close to the Miracle Mile then I'd recommend this hotel, it's 3 blocks away. The staff here is incredibly helpful, they're definitely a plus. We stayed in a jr suite which was a bit disappointing, I expected a suite but got a large room. The meal selection could be better, but there are several restaurants nearby. Also, the hotel is 15 minutes from the airport. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Good place to stay in Coral Gables. The hotel is close to Miracle Mile Road where you can find a good mix of restaurants and shops.

Rooms are spacious, clean and dated but one think that really bothered us was the noise made by the housekeeping staff every morning. The 2 housekeepers were constantly chatting while cleaning shouting at each other from one room to another. It was very disturbing.
The bed was too soft for my liking.

Parking available for 16$/night - in and out privileges. 10 min drive to the airport and 15 min drive to downtown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I absolutely loved this hotel. We checked in around 8 p.m. and got a pool facing king room. The view was fabulous. The room was very nicely decorated and gave a royal feeling. I had got a steal from priceline for this hotel and it was actually way above in standard than what I paid :-). We had a problem with the heater, it was not working, but one call to the front desk and it was taken care of immediately. We had our dinner and next days lunch in the restaurant downstairs. The food is good and it's not overpriced. The only thing I feel could've been better is that the self-parking charge could be waived or at least reduced.

Room Tip: The pool view room has an excellent view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Amit B:

Thank you for going into detail about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the comfort of your pool-view room. It's great to hear that our Front Desk were able to assist with someone fixing the heating element right away. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Nice place tu stay in Coral Gables, good restaurant, walking distance from business area and shopping, with the style and elegance of Coral Gables.

I stayed for business, looked like many of the people there were also for business porpuse but it's also a nice hotel to visit with your couple.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Long Beach, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Spent 3 night here over Christmas with my family. Spectacular service especially when factoring in the employees having to work during the holidays. Would be 5 stars except for the dated rooms, which while functional seemed very generic and tired.

The breakfast buffet was wonderful and the smoothies were made to order with fresh fruit.

Parking is a bit steep but the valet was always very quick and one can look for on street parking if they choose.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the terrace rooms, so you can relax while over looking the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Roswell, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Wow, what a glowing review I would have given this Hyatt, was already telling my husband through out the evening how we'd found our spot to stay in the Miami area. Guess again! We have to hit the road in the morning and here I lay at half past midnight with a DANCE CLUB PUMPING AWAY IN MY ROOM way up on the 14th floor. SERIOUSLY. Two calls to the front desk have produced two different people denying any knowledge of the extremely loud music penetrating the rooms, all I've asked for is to tell me what time it stops, MN? 1AM? 2AM? just give me a straight answer so I can at least know there is some chance of sleep tonight in sight. For $250-300+ per night I think a noise disclosure would be the appropriate and honest way for the hotel to handle this situation. Partiers can choose to stay here if they want to, those of us that need to sleep could be given the information to make a better choice for ourselves. Is that too much to ask, Hyatt you have my $270, I certainly don't have any of the sleep I need and thought I was paying for a CHANCE to get :(
So mad, thought I was going to love this place, boo.

• Stayed December 2012
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear mazeyday:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. I'm sorry I wasn't able to further assist you, personally. I would like to discuss in detail what happened. Please feel free to call us at the hotel, as we would like to help you out. We appreciate your comments, and look forward to a future opportunity to speak with you.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is your regular large corporate chain hotel, and we didn't have any issues. A large group of us came for a wedding, and it was a great place to stay. It's not near the beach, so you will need a rental car or a cab. The pool bartender told us that taxi's won't take you to the nature reserve because they're not allowed, but they can take you to South Beach. However, the ride can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour in traffic. We didn't go, so I can't say if this is true. However, it is only a 15 minute drive from Vizcaya Gardens which is definitely a must-see if you like beautiful old mansions and immaculate fantasy-like gardens. There is also a nice shopping mall nearby that a few of our friends went to, but which I didn't go to myself. It is walking distance from the Miracle Mile, which isn't that much of a miracle, but has some restaurants on it. The Millers Ale House has awful food but Thursday is Ladies Night, so drinks are free. Ponce de Leon Blvd also has some nice restaurants on it and is in walking distance.

The hotel itself has a very large pool that is situated in such a way to maximize direct sunlight for optimal tanning. There were always plenty of chairs for everyone. There was never any crazy "party" crowd there, so it was peaceful. The mango smoothie at the pool was pretty good too. The rooms look pretty recently renovated, in a neutral, almost Moorish Mediterranean style. The A/C is very powerful though, and we had to turn ours off because it was freezing. The windows to our room couldn't open, so we couldn't let the cold air out either. The lobby of the hotel is also always really cold (as were most of the places we visited around Miami).

The hotel restaurant is ok, nothing special, and a little on the expensive side. For a cheaper breakfast, there is a coffee shop around the corner on Galiano St called Pasion del Cielo with great little empanadas and good coffee.

Our only negatives would be that the key cards were finnicky (you have to swipe fast!), and room service didn't come the second day, which was interesting. Normally even if they don't change the sheets, they at least make up the bed and arrange the bathroom towels and toiletries.

Room Tip: If you go, try to get a room on the 5th or 6th floor with a terrace or balcony. The 7th floor didn...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!