“Good but aging” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Good but aging”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed three nights at this hotel. The location is good, you can walk to many restaurants and stores. The location bumps this hotel up to four instead of three. The hotel is an aging hyatt property, perfectly comfortable but it was showing its age in style and decor. The service was good, professional.

My room was comfortably and had a nice tv, though you wouldnt get any hdtv on it. Furnishings fine but dated. The restaurant lacked a quick in and out buffet, the food options limited but adequate. I suggest you check out some of the many dining options about 1/3 mile walk away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HRCoralgables, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Flipper95,

Thank you so much for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We pride ourselves in offer the highest level of personalized service and truly believe that the only way of guaranteeing this is by listening to our guests.

We hope to see you in Coral Gables again soon.

Thank you for posting.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here one night in September 2012, and I had a nice experience.

It was a brief experience -- I arrived late and departed early. As a result, I didn't get to try most of the hotel's features (pool, fitness center, restaurant, etc.); all I did was sleep.

However, for that purpose, the hotel did well. I was pleased, particularly with a late arrival, that a valet was available right away to park my car. The front desk staff member was warm and welcoming, and my check-in was processed quickly. I was placed in a lovely large king room with a nice sitting area.

My room was beautifully decorated and in very good condition. The internet worked well. The bed was very comfortable. The desk area was well-lit; overall, everything felt updated and fresh.

It did strike me that some of the hotel's public areas -- the elevators and elevator lobby in particular -- could use some updating; they had a very 1990s Florida feeling about them. It appeared the rooms had been updated far more recently than these areas. That's a small detail, however, in an otherwise nice stay.

Small service touch that I appreciated: I was super-thirsty upon arrival, and I went to the lobby to see if there was a gift store where I might buy some water. When I asked, the front desk staff member gave me mini bottles of water to take to my room.

Valet service in the morning went as-planned; the car was ready when I came to the lobby. And, I got a small bottle of water for the road!

Would happily return for business travel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear brmusicman,

Thank you so much for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay with us. It is our goal to provide authentic hospitality and the bottles of water are just one example of that.

We wish you could have stayed for a longer period of time and have the opportunity to use our fantastic facilities to the fullest.

We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels take you to Coral Gables.

For special offer and promotions, please follow us on twitter at @HRCoralgables.

Thank you again!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Hyatt had spacious rooms and a friendly staff. The hotel is also situated near shops and restaurants, that we just walked to. We were there on a Friday afternoon, but the neighborhood was fairly quiet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valleygrrl76,

Good morning from Coral Gables. Thank you so much posting a review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Coral Gables is indeed a great area and the hotel is very well located with a lot of entertainment options in walking distance.

We definitely hope to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables soon.

If you want to find out more about special offers and promotions, please follow us on twitter at @HRCoralgables.

Thank you for posting.

london, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The main reason we stayed here is that it's close to Miami airport, and there are several good restaurants nearby. It's not a resort, but it has pretty comfortable rooms, a reasonable pool and a small gym. We got a "pay for 2 nights, get one free" deal on the hotel website, so it was great value. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Hotel is in a quiet location - very little traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HRCoralgables, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear x229,

Good morning from Coral gables.

I would like to personally thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It seems like you were able to take advantage of one of our great offers. To get the latest on promotional offers and specials, please follow us on twitter at @HRCoralgables or like us on facebook.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

Vincent
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

It is obvious that the hotel has spent time and energy developing a staff -- from the valets upward -- that knows how to deliver high quality customer service. Beautiful pool area, nice gym, and a great location walking distance to restaurants, shops, and the banking district of Coral Gables. The only reason I didn't give a 5-star rating: the a/c kept my room overly humid (but cool).

• Stayed September 2012
HRCoralgables, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear QDC,

Thank you for the fantastic review! We really appreciate you taking the time to post such great comments on TripAdvisor. Our goal is to provide authentic hospitality and it is very rewarding to know that delivered!

From your other reviews on TripAdvisor, I assume you visit Coral Gables often. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly the next time you are visiting.

Also, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to receive the latest updates and special promotions!

Thank you for staying with us.

Sincerely yours,

Director of Sales & Marketing
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

As a business traveler, I'm picky about hotels. This doesn't mean I'm unreasonable, however. Checked in around 11pm to find that the king bed I reserved wasn't available, so I'd have to take 2 doubles. Ok, fine. I go to my room, open the door, and am assaulted by some really awful smells. At the time, I assumed the smell was stale cigarettes. As no windows could be opened, i didnt see the stench getting better, so i went back down, explained the problem, and was moved to another room. That room smelled awful, too. Maybe it's mildew? Maybe it's dirt? My room smelled like feet (not my own) for my entire stay. Very unpleasant.

The room itself is fine. Nothing special other than having a good sized room. Nicely sized bathroom that immediately annoyed me - there were no towel racks, bars, or hooks to be found anywhere. The card in the bathroom makes a big deal about encouraging guests to reuse towels to help save energy. I get behind this notion at most hotels. But with (literally) nowhere to hang up used towels to dry, I'm. Ot sure how this property expects guests to reuse towels. How hard can it be to put one lonely hook on the back of the bathroom door?

I only ate one meal, breakfast, at the hotel. In a half full dining room, it took about 5 mins before my server came over to say hi. My oatmeal came out lukewarm after 25 minutes. Everyone moved very slowly.

Overall, I've stayed here before but it's gone downhill. Next time I'll be down the street at the Westin.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mrs. JPWinter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback. It is guests like yourself that allow us to continue to improve our product and service.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. I understand that moving rooms at 11.00 pm is not pleasant and we are sorry for having you go through this.

Please know that we have looked into the issue and taken action steps to solve it. It is our goal to offer authentic hospitality and the highest level of personalized service.

Should your travels bring you back to Coral Gables, I would very much appreciate it if you could give us another chance. Please reach out to me directly, I want to make this right.

Sincerely yours,

Director of Sales & Marketing
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here during our visit to Miami, Florida. The hotel was perfectly located in the beautiful Coral Gables area. Walking distance to shopping and dining. Also, enjoyed the beautiful pool which makes you feel like you are on a resort. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a junior suite which was perfect for our family of 4. Room was nicely decorated and private. The room also had lovely french doors that opened to a balcony. Although our view was only of the side street it was still nice to have the option to go outside.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!