“Good Value, Excellent Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Easton, PA
“Good Value, Excellent Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

We have stayed here a number of times after it first opened. It had undergone a major renovation before our last stay here in April, 2010. Our rate included breakfast so this was the first time we ate in the Two Sisters restaurant.

We were there for five nights for our vacation visit to family in the area. The rooms facing the front are very quiet. We had a room on the 14th (top) floor. The rooms facing the pool area can be nosier. The breakfast ordered from the menu was excellent each day. The rooms and public areas are kept very clean. The A/C works well there and is very quiet.

Others have mentioned that the parking meters on the streets are free on Sundays. Not any more. Most of the meters in Coral Gables (and throughout Miami, Miami Beach, etc.,) are gone, replaced by ticket dispensing machines. The street parking is enforced from 9AM to Midnight 7-days a week with a maximum of 3 hours parking. Self-park in the underground garage was $16 on week days and $12 on Friday and Saturday. This is cheaper than feeding the one-armed bandits on the street.

There are numerous restaurants and stores in the Gables and to the east on 22nd St (Coral Way) and there is a Publix supermarket about 5 blocks to the north on 37th Avenue (Douglas Road).

It takes about 10-15 minutes to drive to or from the new central Rental Car return facility at the Miami airport depending on traffic. Use Le June Road (42nd Avenue) to return a rental car. If you use 37th Avenue you have to do an almost complete loop of the airport to get to the return entrance. If you try to use a short cut by turning left onto NW 25th street from 37th Avenue you have to do a U-turn at a posted "No U-turn" to get to the car return entrance. I noticed a Miami-Dade Metro police car parked on 39th Avenue waiting for transgressors.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the north (Alhambra) will be quieter than the ones facing the pool area. The 5th fl...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Polish first
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Stayed here a second time on business, and overall the experience was positive. Luxurious, but not on a par with the Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons or the Epic. Certainly not a choice location for a Miami vacation, but decent for business. Service was polite, efficient. Shopping and restaurant choices nearby are fine. Room was large. Breakfast choices were good, with healthy options, but expensive. Internet access in the room was great. Was told it was free for Hyatt Gold Card when I checked in. Not true, but the fee was waved when I checked out.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Coral Gables is a few miles south of the airport hotels on La Jeune Road. The highlight for the area is the Miracle Mile which offers a array of shopping and eating just blocks from this hotel. Surprisingly Miracle Mile is affordable. We expected pricey restaurants and bars only to find places that the two of us could eat for under $35 including dessert. The hotel is lavish. Featuring a great pool, hot tub, and oversize rooms, the plush pillowly beds are a nice touch. A great way to end or start a Miami based vacation or cruise as was the case with us. Good tip - use Priceline dot com to bid on this hotel. We put in for $50 and got it. Reg price is $160+

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Mount Royal, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I wouldnt pick this hotel for a vacation to south florida but it was perfect for a business trip. Check in was a breeze. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. There were good restaurants in walking distance. Area seemed pretty safe and the pool looked nice. I was given a room on the top floor with a nice view of the pool. Higher end toiletries were provided...even toothpaste. Only things I noticed were the water pressure was a little low in the shower (but tolerable) and there was a huge flat screen TV in the room but the picture was poor quality.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I booked on hotwire for around 100 dollars a day.

It was really worth it.

The receptionist was really nice, and he said that he could give me a room with a balcony overlooking the pool if i wanted. I said sure, and I asked him to give me a room away from the elevator. He was really nice and did that for me.

I stayed there for 5 days. Really loved it. It was clean and quiet, and the staff are real friendly.

I would definitely come back next time I am around in that area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Dear businesstraveller038:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. We’re delighted to hear how much you enjoyed it. It’s good to hear how much value you got for your money spent with us. It’s great to hear how friendly our employees were during your visit with us. Hyatt takes pride in making sure our guests feel welcomed during their stay. We will make sure these employees are recognized for their great work. We hope to welcome you back again, on your next visit to the area.

Nick B. – Guest Relations Associate
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

stayed here for one night prior to my flight back from floirida. it's an excellent hotel, quite close to the airport with good service a very nice pool and a comfortable gymn. Miracle Mile is two or three blocks away if someone would like to do some shopping. Service was good and very friendly - I definitely enjoyed my day there and would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your stay with us. We're thrilled you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our hotel is close to a number of excellent restaurants and shops. Your recommendation is our highest compliment. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is my second stay at this hotel in the past five weeks. My son is a student at the University of Miami and I stayed here for orientation. I'm now staying for family weekend and I intend to make this my home away from home whenever I'm in the Miami area. The staff is incredibly warm and welcoming but never pretentious. The bartenders are friendly and take a genuine interest in getting to know you, exuding a wonderful sense of warmth when your student child wants to spend time with his friends, not his parents. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed (I just wish the'd put a coffee maker in the room). I opted for the valet parking and was extremely pleased with the professional service. All in all I'm having another terrific experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a non smoking room make sure you reserve it.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!