We have stayed here a number of times after it first opened. It had undergone a major renovation before our last stay here in April, 2010. Our rate included breakfast so this was the first time we ate in the Two Sisters restaurant.
We were there for five nights for our vacation visit to family in the area. The rooms facing the front are very quiet. We had a room on the 14th (top) floor. The rooms facing the pool area can be nosier. The breakfast ordered from the menu was excellent each day. The rooms and public areas are kept very clean. The A/C works well there and is very quiet.
Others have mentioned that the parking meters on the streets are free on Sundays. Not any more. Most of the meters in Coral Gables (and throughout Miami, Miami Beach, etc.,) are gone, replaced by ticket dispensing machines. The street parking is enforced from 9AM to Midnight 7-days a week with a maximum of 3 hours parking. Self-park in the underground garage was $16 on week days and $12 on Friday and Saturday. This is cheaper than feeding the one-armed bandits on the street.
There are numerous restaurants and stores in the Gables and to the east on 22nd St (Coral Way) and there is a Publix supermarket about 5 blocks to the north on 37th Avenue (Douglas Road).
It takes about 10-15 minutes to drive to or from the new central Rental Car return facility at the Miami airport depending on traffic. Use Le June Road (42nd Avenue) to return a rental car. If you use 37th Avenue you have to do an almost complete loop of the airport to get to the return entrance. If you try to use a short cut by turning left onto NW 25th street from 37th Avenue you have to do a U-turn at a posted "No U-turn" to get to the car return entrance. I noticed a Miami-Dade Metro police car parked on 39th Avenue waiting for transgressors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the "Beverly Hills of Miami", Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, a stunning AAA Four Diamond hotel set in the heart of Coral Gables offers the unparalleled personalized service and luxurious accommodations that you seek for your weekend getaway. Relax by the pool with a fresh Mojito or enjoy regional flavors at Two Sisters, our award winning restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Coral Gables reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Coral Gables Hotel Coral Gables
- Coral Gables Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Coral Gables