“Only as a last resort” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Terrace Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coral Gables
Terrace Inn
You added Terrace Inn to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1430 South Dixie Highway, Coral Gables, FL 33146   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Overland Park, Kansas
“Only as a last resort”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2006

My travel plans were fluid, so it was not practical for me to make a reservation in the Coral Gables area for that night. It's difficult to find a room available on a weekend in the area as a walk-in guest, and every other hotel I tried had no vacancies. My last option was the Terrace Inn.

Motel room rates in South Florida are inflated to begin with, so this skews the value of the room for the price paid. The facility is old. My first-floor room was a decent size, and haveing two sinks (one in the bathroom, one outside) is convenient if two or more people share the room.

The sheets on the bed were stained. I awoke to see a roach crwling on the second bed in the room. I reliaze that this is South Florida, and that bugs are a problem, but I doubt that any pest control had ever been applied.

There are plans to raize the Terrace Inn and build a condo in its place. While the area adjacent to the University of Miami is already short on hotel space, the loss of this hotel -- if the demolition ever occurs -- will be minimal.

Expedia has some photos that are supposedlt of the Terrace Inn, but these photos are not of the Terrace Inn.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2006

Do not call this hotel for a reservation!! I called to inquire about one room for one night and the first and only response I got was "NO WE DON'T". When I asked him if he wanted to know what date I was arriving, he cut me off and said "NO WE DON'T" before I could get the rest of my sentence out. I figured anything else I had to say was going to get the same response "NO WE DON'T" so I just hung up on him. What a rude way to answer a phone call and did he know they were going to be booked up in April? Or even September? I guess they are booked up for the rest of 2006 and don't need any business. I would stay away from such rude and obnoxious service. They will never see me there!

Stayed January 2006
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2005

Stayed at the Terrace Inn in Feb for 2 nights.

Very well located for access to Miami and South Beach.

The Metrorail is a 5-minute walk to the University stop ($1.25 exact change). Change at Government Center for the Metromover (free service that loops around Downtown Miami and to the Brickell and Omni business districts).
You can use the Metromover and change at Omni for a C or K Metrobus ($1.25) to South beach (Ocean Drive).

Shopping is well located also. Dadelands Mall is 2 stops from University and Sunset Place Mall (South Miami) is 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel (including a Sunday arts and crafts market).

The hotel itself is basic. Rooms are quite big, en-suite with cable TV. It's what you would expect from budget accommodation.

Would stay there again - for the price paid.

• Stayed February 2005

Been to Terrace Inn? Share your experiences!