“A sweet little sidewalk cafe with yummy food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #153 of 270 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ponce De Leon
Barbados
“A sweet little sidewalk cafe with yummy food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

One of my favorite breakfasts anywhere is a half a baguette with scrambled eggs and an authentic cappuccino. It's even better when I can dine in the shaded warmth of a Sunday morning while dangling over the New York Times.

Le Boudoir is one of my favorite breakfast places because it provides all of the above and friendly service as well.

We visit Miami often, almost always stay at the Westin Colonnade right around the corner and Le Boudoir is one of our favorite local spots.

PS The toasted baguettes are really great. :)

Visited January 2013

Miami Beach, Florida
“What a nice surprise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I were in Coral Gables, which is not our normal stomping grounds, and it was time for lunch. We happened up Le Boudoir. We ordered the escargot with brie (they also have it in garlic butter) to try something different. It was so good. The Mahi with fennel salad was amazing and the roasted chicken was absolutely fantastic. Service was excellent! I can't say enough about what a nice surprise this restaurant turned out to be. We sat and people watched outside and enjoyed a lovely South Florida Saturday afternoon, with impeccably prepared food. Life doesn't get much better than that...The only drawback is that they are not open for dinner. A true crime, because this food screams for candlelight and a romantic dinner. We will be back again and again. We opted for a heavier fare, however, they had a wide selection of salads, and sandwiches, quiche, etc. All looked wonderful. I will have a difficult time choosing the next time we go for lunch.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Delray Beach, Florida
“Very average. Poor service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I would not rush back. The service was slow and we were rushed through our meal. They brought our entrees before we even started our appetizer! We were only given one glass of water and no refills. The outside area needed cleaning. Even though we had a reservation outside for 4 people, they did not have two of the small tables pulled together and cutlery set. We had to pull them together! Not recommended.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Coral Gables, Florida
“A Bit of Paris in Coral Gables”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

When we first moved to Coral Gables, my husband and I went to the Le Boudoir on Miracle Mile every Sunday morning for breakfast. Although we haven't been able to go there as regularly since, it remains one of our favorite spots. We came to know the manager, Rudy, by name. He greeted us as old friends after only two or three visits. He has since moved up in the company but the rest of the staff still greet us warmly each time we go back. This kind of customer service is very rare. The menu is quinessentially French. They make a killer Croque Madame and Croque Mademoiselle. The coffee is perfect and endless. What more could you ask?

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Acceptable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I had lunch at their newest location near the County Courthouse. I had their Beef Bourguignon (served with pasta) followed by a chocolate macaron.

First the beef: the sauce was very good. It didn't disappoint.The only issue I had with the dish is that out of four or five pieces of beef two were hard as rocks. I don't know if they were improperly defrosted or the cow died in utter fear. The pasta was acceptable.

As for the Macaron, it was acceptable. So, all in all it was worth the try albeit it is a tad pricey (like all French restaurants) at $27.00 for both items (excluding tip.)

So if you want some French fare while in Coral Gables of Downtown Miami this is a place to consider.

• Visited June 2012