“Good food, slow service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 274 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Coral Gables, Florida
“Good food, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We have been to Spris 4 or 5 times now. For the most part, the food has been good. I love the cheese calzone. The dough is light and crisp. My husband loves the Diavola pizza - tomato sauce, mozzarella and imported italian spicy salami. My only real complaint is that the service is kind of slow, even though we have never been there when it was really busy.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Key West
“Wonderful pizza plus atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had a fabulous pizza here. The crust was so light -- just perfect. Nice service, great value and a very clean and attractive restaurant. This is not just "a pizza place," but much nicer, with a broader menu.

Visited August 2012
orlando
“Will Definitely Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Had an excellent dinner at Spris. The food was well prepared and the service was excellent. The Caprese Pizza was outstanding.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“New Menu and Lower Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I go in here from time to time when I am in Coral Gables (just South of the Miami airport). I was pleasantly surprised to see new items on the menu - one is a fantastic salad with a sliced skirt steak, how Atkins for the New Year! - to include healtier pastas, pizzas, appetizers and salads. Salads can be a meal here and the pasta and fish is always delicious. The new pricing is is more mid-range and there are special called Beat The Clock until 6:00. The new changes are very good.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, Florida
“Good food, terrible service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I loved the ambience of this restaurant. The food was tasteful but the service was horrible!!

First and foremost, this restaurant is small, and given that the place was pretty much empty on a late Sunday afternoon, the service should have been up to par. We were greeted by an uninterested waiter "Jose F." who seemed to be getting annoyed with us when we asked for his recommendations. This male is the epitome of the "I don't care" attitude. Our group consisted of 7girls; 3 asked for sandwiches, 2 for bruschettas's, 1 for penne a la vodka,1 margherita pizza & we all shared a calamari appetizer. The food took 1hr & 15minutes exactly to reach our table. The reason I know it took this long was because I had to feed the meter twice!

As much as I was enjoying the conversation with my friends, at one point, it dawned on me that we had been waiting a long time, I looked around the restaurant & noticed that only one table had their food, while the other 3 tables were idly waiting about. The people in the nearby table had been seated and already had their drinks on the table when we arrived and they received their food at about the same time we got ours. Could it be that the restaurant only had ONE chef working on this day??

The food came in what I like to call "spasms", in other words, we didn't receive our food at the same time. My order (a bruschetta appetizer ) was one of the ones that reached our table 1hour later (I'm still scratching my head on that one). We were ignored pretty much the whole time after our order was taken and had to call this waiter twice just for our glasses to be refilled. Although, the service was horrible, I have no complaints on the food and I am willing to give this place a 2nd chance (updated review will soon follow). I just hope they curb this waiter's perfunctory ways!

• Visited September 2011