“Sunday afternoon drinks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hillstone

Hillstone
201 Miracle Mile, 1300 Blue road, Coral Gables, FL 33134 (Formerly Houston's)
(305) 529-0141
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Miami, Florida
“Sunday afternoon drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This place is always crowded - didn't eat, but sat at the bar. Service was a little slow but the bar was full. Ordered a dark & stormy cocktail - $13 - and it was strong, definitely generous with the liquor but I wouldn't order this drink again - the combination wasn't my favorite. Reasonably priced considering the Miracle Mile location. It was louder than I wanted for a Sunday afternoon drink with a friend, but ambiance is consistently nice. I've come here for dinner before, and I enjoyed their lengthy wine list and scrumptious appetizers.

83% Recommend
Miami
“One of my favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Its just classy and Nice, you won't find there any out place people, everybody is a professional well dress with education, the food is awesome and the drinks very good.

I have been here many times and keep going!

Friday afternoon & evenings are awesome!

Could be a litter expensive for average people so be prepare.....

Miami, Florida
“Great Food, Nice Ambiance... Just got even better! (now accepting reservations for up to parties of 4)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hillstone is a Coral Gables Hotspot for many reasons, mainly the food and the atmosphere. Great happy hour on Fridays, their drinks are well made with generous amounts of liquor. Now Hillstone accepts reservations for parties of up to 4 people, eliminating the wait for a table during peak periods (dinner). I like to make a reservation and arrive a few minutes early to enjoy a drink at the bar which overlooks the whole restaurant. I have been a patron for almost 10 years and have never been disappointed. Best server by far is Barbie ask to be seated in her section and enjoy your visit even more.

Coconut Creek, Florida
“Good Food with Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had a dinner business meeting. As it was my first visit to this location I was looking forward to good food. They lived up to my expectations and are just as good as others that I've been to. The only thing I would caution is they are VERY busy. I made reservations for 7P and because we added a fifth person we had to wait until about 8:15P. My guests were patient so it was really a big deal. However, I highly recommend arriving early and definitely if you have a party of four or less make a reservation. They don't take reservations for parties of five or more. It was a little more expensive than I remember but it's proably because there were five of us. Their sushi rolls are unbelievably good! We ordered on Rainbow roll, then another, and then another on top of our main course. We all got steaks or prime rib which were cooked to perfection.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reston
“Excellent Food in a restaurant that knows how to deliver it all.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Excellent food and service. Lovely atmosphere as well. Be sure to try the key lime pie. A top pick by my gown son, who normally doesn't eat dessert except for this. A bit noisy if you want a quiet cozy place this might not be your choice. Very, very popular with usually a wait.

• Visited February 2013