“Felt like I was in Germany” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 274 restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Austrian, German
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Felt like I was in Germany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent. My husband's family all lives in Germany. The food here is authentic German cuisine. I felt like my mother in law was in the kitchen cooking. The beer is also so good. Management and service was outstanding! Viele Dank. Susan

• Visited August 2013

81% Recommend
“Great and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I thought the service was excellent! The combination of friendly service, delicious food, authentic German beers, and a fun ambience were the perfect combination for a great time!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Walked in as an American, left as a German.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Fritz and Franz Bierhaus is the perfect place to be a regular. Their pretzels and beer are a must have. The staff is extremely friendly and the service is fantastic. The only bad thing about the fritz is that once you've had a sip of authentic German beer you never want a watered down 12oz Budweiser again! I recommend the Fritz to anyone who wants GREAT FOOD and EXTRAORDINARY BEER!

• Visited July 2013
Miami Springs, Florida
“A bit of Germany in Coral Gables”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Excellent food and service. Bastian as a drink mixologist rocks! October Fest celebrations are one of the best. This restarurant is centraly located, with plenty of covered parking. Sunday evenings parking is free. Also plenty of parking meters around the block.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
miarunner
“An ogre for an owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

After a coed sporting event several friends and myself went to this establishment to have some drinks, some food, and enjoy ourselves. After making our first drink order (I should mention that I have no beef with the wait staff. They were actually apologetic about their crazy boss and very nice) the owner (a loud and boorish portly German man) decided to turn up the music in the place so loud that no one could hold a conversation. One of the women in our group politely asked him to turn it down some so we could actually hold a conversation. His response was that we could either stay and take it or leave. Our female friend said she would leave. The rest of us decided we would go outside and sit at an outside table. Our waitress understood and was going to close out our inside tab so we could open one with the outdoor waitress. As we began to make our way outside we were stopped by the owner who proceeded to accuse us of trying to steal his beer mugs and that we would not be served outside--that he had kicked us out of his restaurant because our female friend had argued with him about the music. Incredible. I will never again patronize this restaurant and I encourage anyone thinking about visiting it to reconsider. I really cannot see putting anyone's hard earned money in the hands of such a rude, ungrateful bully.

• Visited June 2013