“Excelent Food and Excelent Prices” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 280 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Valencia & Andalusia
Transit: Miami-Dade Transit Bus 56 stop is on Corner of restaurant, Coral Gables Trolley Stop is one block North
Description: Fleming’s Steakhouse is the ultimate steakhouse destination for people seeking a stylish, lively and contemporary dining experience. Nationally renowned for our USDA Prime beef and steakhouse fare, Fleming's is equally celebrated for the ‘Fleming’s 100’, our award-winning wine list that features 100 wines by-the-glass, many available at $10 or less. While Prime beef reigns supreme, other flavorful dishes offered include chops, freshly grilled fish and poultry, generous salads and side orders. Whether you're enjoying a casual bite and glass of wine in our bar or an evening of indulgent dining, our goal at Fleming's is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine, to be enjoyed in the company of friends and family. We look forward to the pleasure of your company.
Miami, Florida
“Excelent Food and Excelent Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse in Coral Gables, Fl.

Excellent Happy Hours with unbelievable prices for a place like Flemings they called 5 for 6; they offer different appetizers for $6.00 and 5 different wines also for $6.00. They are the same kind of food and wine that they serve at the main room at the Restaurant.

In addition to that Fleming’s is offering special menus in April, especial prices and the quality that it is hard to match. I recommend this place to any visitors or resident in Florida.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“We will not return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

When you first walk in it smells of fried grease, but then you think, it's a steakhouse, so not to worry. Still, it is an expensive steakhouse, so why the smell? We were given a complimentary bowl of home fried chips then, but they were so greasy and obviously cooked in old grease that they were not edible. The salad and the soup were better, however the french onion soup had a layer of oil/fat/grease? that had to be scooped off first. The filet was tender, but had no real flavor. The prime rib looked perfect, but did not really taste like beef at all. Even the asparagus had not been shaved so it was very stringy and hard to cut properly even with a steak knife.

The desserts offered were probably fine for a chocolate lover, but not if you want something somewhat healthy. No Sorbet or fruit was available so we settled for vanilla ice cream that was simply heavy cream and egg yolk, so after one bite, we left. The best part of the evening there was that the waitress was very helpful and cheery and could not be blamed for the substandard meal.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“good, but 2 caveats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

petite filet mignon, which I ordered medium, came a tad overcooked. Also, we ordered a baked brie appetizer with sliced apples. well, the apple slices still had the produce sticker on them.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Port St. Lucie, Florida
“Excellence in Food, Decor & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Superlative ribeye, splendid prime rib, succulent chicken, outstanding specialties in all forms of seafood makes this restaurant a gourmet's palace. Decor is outstanding with great lighting and masterful appointments. The wait staff anticipates your needs and you are seved with a smile and professional touch.
They do a wonderful job. Prices are high, but worth it!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, FL
“Mixed Bag”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went to Fleming's on Friday, March 29. We wanted to go out afterward, so we had an early reservation for 6 PM. We were promptly seated by an amiable host, and the waitstaff was very pleasant.

I suppose the only real disappointment we had was with some of the food. We ordered the baked brie (in puff pastry) appetizer. The waiter advised us it would take about 10 minutes to prepare, and we were fine with that. It came out pretty quickly and we were disappointed to notice that it was ice cold in the center. I know they couldn't heat it entirely, because the brie would melt, but there is a difference between warm and ice cold. Otherwise this would have been a great dish. The steaks (one filet, one New York strip "peppercorn steak") were cooked perfectly. When I ordered the peppercorn steak, I thought it would have been similar to a steak au poivre; whole, soft peppercorns with a sauce. This steak had none of that. I even asked the waiter if they had brought me a plain New York strip by accident, and he said "no". There were no visable peppercorns on the steak. Maybe they rolled it in cracked pepper, but I could neither see nor taste any pepper. A small dish of tangy steak sauce was on the side. We also got one order of the onion rings with dinner. They were great -- perfectly cooked and spicy. I know it may be "tacky", but I like ketchup with things like fries and onion rings. I asked the food runner (busboy?) who brought out the fod for some ketchup, and he said "right away". It never appeared, and I didn't bother asking again.

Here's the thing to consider: While this was a perfectly nice place, it really IS ridiculously overpriced. I was there because I had received a $100 gift card for Christmas, and wanted to finally use it. Our dinner, 2 appetizers, 2 steaks, 2 glasses of wine (not even a bottle -- just 2 glasses) came to over $150. After using the card, I paid the remaining $50+, along with a $30 tip. If I were going to spend that kind of money again, I would definitely go to Christy's or even Ruth's Chris. The food at both of those restaurants is wonderful; far better than what I received at Fleming's. Would I go again? Yes, but only if it were with a gift card again. Take my advice: Go to Christy's.

Oh, and upon getting up, I noticed some salad dressing or sour cream (or something like that) all over the bottom of my jacket. On my way out, I told the host that they needed to clean off the banquette before seating another guest there. Apparently it had not been wiped down before I sat down. I didn't want anything compensation-wise, but a simple "we're sorry would have been nice". Instead, the guy just looked at me totally bewildered, and said, "um, ok". Not very classy.

• Visited March 2013