“Never, ever had better service at a hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersBronze level
Comox, Canada
“Never, ever had better service at a hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

The staff are extraordinarily attentive here. There is no detail too large or small for them to attend to, no matter the time of day or night. The room had a couple of glitches - the batteries were dead in the TV remote, it took less than 10 minutes for it to be fixed; the door wouldn't lock when we got back to our room at 3:30a.m. and the service person was there within 5 minutes of our call - turns out we weren't familiar with the mechanism - and we were 'compensated' for these minor inconveniences with a bottle of cold water and a snacky package, and they brought a large plate of fruit and cheese for the door thing. It was our fault! They knew our names the next morning, inspite of the crew changeover and not having met us before. It was over the top service; NEVER been so well taken care of at a hotel.
The restaurant was okay, but not their greatest feature. That's why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 star rating.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face the main road; it gets a bit noisy at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Coral Gables is generally a good location to stay in if you have business around or you want to stay in a quiet and green neighbourhood in Miami. Courtyard is very well located in Coral Gables. It is close to the shopping area which is a nice 5 minutes walk. I forget the name of the road but it is a long road with shopping and variety of eating options. The hotel is in a dire need of a refurbishment and I have heard that they are planning to start that sometime in the future. During my last stay the elevators were a nuisance but I hope they have been repaired. The rooms are big with decent sized bathrooms.The breakfast is ok nothing fancy. I have stayed here twice and both because of work. Once I had the misfortune of getting my laundry ruined by the hotel's laundry services but I was compensated for that immediately by the staff so I would say the service is polite and efficient. There is an excellent Italian sandwich joint almost next to the hotel on the main road (turn left as soon as you leave the hotel). If nothing else I would come back for that :-)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Hotel is not secure. Anyone could walk in in the middle of the night and go right to the elevators and to the rooms, for there is no one at the front desk watching. Breakfast is disgusting: canned fruit and rotten bananas will be waiting for you. There will be no one to greet you at the breakfast buffet to tell you that it will cost you $12. The swimming pool has not been cleaned in a while and you have to bring your own towels. The fitness room is a joke: tv doesn't work, and neither most of the equipment.

Receptionist rather attends to a fellow worker than answer a question from a customer, making you wait while she conducts her personal conversation. Printer wasn't working when we attempted to print flight boarding pass.

Other people staying there are to old to see the dirt everywhere or to smell the musty odor that greets them and surrounds them.

The Westin Colonade in Coral Gables is a better choice if you need to stay in the area.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
Green Features: they claim the minimum not washing the towels and linen, but there is no recycling and LOTS of plastic everywhere
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
AidaMartinez, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear MGarcia33:

I am extremely sorry and to hear of your experience. This is very constrasting to what we stand for and I assure you not the usual guest experience. I am so surprised that I wonder if your experience was at the Courtyard Coral Gables in Miami. Our breakfast offerings does not include canned fruit and our fruits are selected and provided by a reputable produce vendor. Our pool includes towel service through out the service hours of the pool.

I would love to have the opporutunity to discuss with you more details about your stay, so we can correct the issues and other guests are not inconvenienced as you were. I sincerely hope to hear from you soon, we encourage you to try us again in the near future; you will see that your priopr experience was an exception.

Aida Martinez
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Coral Gables on 8/4/14. It is a hotel I have stayed at multiple times given my frequent business travel to the area and I have to admit this has never happened before. Last night in the middle of the night, I was awaken by a persistent itch on my back and arms. I tried desperately to go back to sleep to no avail because of the itch. At this point it was around 2am so I did not want to go through the trouble of calling the front desk to switch rooms. I spent all night scratching and tossing and turning. Next morning I just took a hot shower in an attempt to remove all bed bugs from my body and hair. My back was full of little bites and bumps from the bed bugs. This is completely unacceptable and I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Vinnie P;

I am extremely sorry to hear of your experience. It is trully dissapointing to hear you did not take the time to report this extremly important matter to us prior to checking out or by contacting a member of the management team. We take these types of allegations seriously and have procedures in place to follow when ever a guest reports suspecions of insect bites during their stay. Because we cannot look up your folio through this method of reporting please contact me directly as I would like to have more details to ensure we take the necessary steps to correct your alleged incident. We have not had any reported issues since your stay, however I sincerely hope you return to stay with us again. I look anticipate hearing from you soon.

Aida Martinez
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I am a big fan of the Courtyard chain and this location is quite good. It's very convenient for my business trips to Coral Gables, as the hotel is only 1 block away from the office.
This hotel location is quiet, well staffed and rooms are comfortable and always spotless. The desk staff are very friendly and accommodating. Have never had an issue at this location.

I think the only knock against this location would be the lack of a "quality" restaurant on site, but I don't feel thats a huge issue as there are plenty of good restaurants less than 1/2 mile away.

The service and cleanliness of this location make it a worth a stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

It's a nice hotel if you are not dependent on the food. If you just wanna stay it's not a bad hotel I mean its good but you need to find an alternative for food eat out , there is a Burger King just next to it. I stayed at the Westin Coral Gables amazing you don't have to spent a lot more it's just a matter of couple of 20 dollars but yeah you'll have a time of your life. Amazing food , rooms, staff , and excellent five stars for it .

Stayed August 2014
Morrisville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We checked in to this hotel after leaving another hotel in town late at night due to horrible conditions. We were pleasantly surprised to find this hotel in a safe neighborhood for the price we paid $129.00/night. Our room was clean, did no smell of damp/mold, and was very comfortable. The guest laundry on the 5th floor was adequate for what we needed. The pool was surprisingly small and not all that great, but again, it was clean and well kept. The staff were super nice and the parking was easy, although I will never understand why they charged us $10.00/night for parking? This seems to be the ultimate scam in EVERY Miami hotel. The building itself is old, so that gave the hotel a certain cool flare. The bathrooms are tiny. If you weigh 300+ you might not be comfortable getting in and out of the bathrooms in the rooms. Consider a handicap accessible room. Trust they are SMALL ! My husband is 250+ and was not happy. It's tight in there.

Room Tip: Again, bathrooms are small, might want to consider Handicap room if you are a larger person.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!