“A free shuttle away from the airport and walking distance to the Miracle Mile” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Coral Gables

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“A free shuttle away from the airport and walking distance to the Miracle Mile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was full when we stayed there but the free shuttle was prompt to pick us up at the airport. It's a quick ride from there to the hotel. If you don't want the hotel restaurant breakfast, Burger King is right next door. There is a Publix grocery store within walking distance where we picked up beer to take on our cruise the following day. The taxi from there to the Port of Miami was $30 including tip for four adults in one cab. Tons of shops and restaurants within walking distance on the Miracle Mile.

• Stayed March 2014
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear BeenTo7Continents:

I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your review of the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables with the TripAdvisor community. I am very happy to read that you found our hotel to be very conveniently situated around the Coral Gables community of restaurants, Publix grocery store and within walking distance to convenience stores. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle to the airport and the convenience of taxi cabs to the port of miami.

I look forward to having the opportunity to show you and even better experience next time you are in town, please don't hesitate to look me up personally. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Turkish first
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We arrived late evening and were greeted nicely. The rooms were as expected and clean. The service was really good and we had a wonderful stay. Location is close to the airport and yet not far at all from the beach which made it perfect for our purpose.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Missed connection in Miami. This was the only room available after calling 4 hotels. The price was quoted as $349. Very expensive for a double room with stained carpets, sheets rumpled(?) and sliding door opening to pool. People partying at pool all night long. breakfast is normally included but for our high priced room , it was not. Shuttle bus runs only on the hour. So, as 6 of us waited in the lobby with our luggage and the hotel van sat parked unused outside, we had to call a cab to get to the airport.

• Stayed March 2014
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Dallasmommy;

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not a perfect one, the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables staff and I strive to deliver the absolute best lodging experience in the Coral Gables area.

We would love to have the opportunity to discuss with you more details about your stay, so we can correct the issue and other guests are not inconvenienced as you were. Specially with your concern regarding the shuttle transportation to the airport. This is a one of the biggest service we provide all of our guest complimentary. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to hear back from you soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Lutz, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The location. It is near shopping and bars etc. Otherwise there is nothing notable about the location. The elevator floors were dirty. The hotel rooms were VERY small. It is an older hotel that fits in with the "we don't have to do much because of our location" We checked in on a Friday and checked out in about one hour of our check in time. They did not charge us. We took off to stay at a hotel near the Blue lagoon/airport area. Yes it was more of a drive (10-12 mins) but we had more space, newer hotel, cleaner hotel etc.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Jennifer H:

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. This is very contrasting to what we stand for and I assure you not the usual guest experience. Three of the biggest reason our guests come back again and again are for the location, service and cleanliness of the hotel. I would like more detials to ensure nothing of what you may have experienced gets repeated. We strive to deliver above and beyond guest excellent experience. I anticipate hearing from you soon.

Sincereley,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here for a few night, staff are friendly, a good central location for, shopping, eating and bars. The rooms are clean (although the air conditioning unit is a bit noisy). Some rooms open up onto a lovely sunny pool area with plenty of loungers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear AnnF2012;

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of the shopping, eating and bars in Coral Gables. Thank you for for acknowledging our friendly staff and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Marlboro, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed here one night as a pre-cruise Valentine's Day/Anniversary celebration. The place is showing its age (its scheduled for a renovation soon, I believe) although it is perfectly okay for a few nights. Has more of a Holiday Inn feel than anything Marriott. But the staff is exceptional. Friendly, efficient and helpful, they went out of their way to help us celebrate, and to quickly correct a housekeeping issue we raised.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Marlboro:

Thank you for taking the time to post your very kind review for the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables on TripAdvisor.com. I am thrilled my team was able to exceed your expectations during your wedding anniversary in such a special day "Valentines" and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have safe and exciting travels!!!

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Unfortunately, this will be a not-so-great review. During my visit, I thought the stay was nice. Clean hotel and pleasant location, and good for the price. However, after my stay, I was charged when I shouldn't have been. Upon checking out, my bill said "$0.00" then two days later, I was charged for the stay on my card. When I called, I had to explain to two different associates my issue, and one even put me on hold once with music without telling me. I was transferred to their manager where I had to explain the situation again. (They should have briefed her.) Once I explained why I shouldn't have been charged, she said I'll give you a call back shortly. It's been 3 days, and multiple calls and messages to her with no response. This is ridiculous and needs to be straightened out right away. Not only that, but I was travelling for business as a wedding planner and my client gave this hotel tons of business as they were used for hotel rooms for her guests. I would expect better customer service from the 'manager."

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Ashley L:

We regret tp jear tjat upir stau was mpt a perfect one, the Coral Gables Courtyard Marriott staff and I strive to deliver the absolute best lodging experience in the Coral Gables area.

We would love to have the opportunity to discuss with you more details about your stay, so we can correct the issue and other guests are not invconvenienced as you were.

We encourage you to try us again in the future; you will see that your prior experience was an exception. I anticipate hearing from you soon.

Best wishes,
Aida Martinez

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!