“Excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

You know what you get when you walk into in a Courtyard by Marriott, that’s why I choose them. A nicely decorated room, comfortable beds, flat screen TV, microwave, coffeemaker, ironing board, room safe. However, some rooms at this Marriott have a sound issue. It’s right on Le Jeune Road and at 6:30 I thought a truck was going through my window! The heavy commute traffic woke me up and after putting on of earphones, I could not sleep. The windows are single pane. Hello Marriott? You need to soundproof these windows.
The front desk team could not have been more friendly and eager to please. Special kudos to Adriana Vellojin, Assistant General Manager, who is an efficient ray of sunshine. She switched us to the farthest room from the road for three more nights of blissful sleep.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Ms. Tropicalia:

I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your review of the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables with the TripAdviso Community. I am very happy to read that you found our hotel to be very clean, the staff extended you excellent service including our Assistant GM Adriana Vellojin and that you enjoyed the Coral Gables community. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon and wish you safe and exciting travels.

Aida Martinez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We just stopped on our way throught to the keys. My husband was givin one price then when I went back in the gentleman at the desk gave me another. After getting the room he told me about a $10.00 parking fee. They have 2 large lots. He also told us there was breakfast but failed to tell us it wasn't a continental breakfast or that there were vouchers for food. Although for some reason other workers at the hotel told us we should have received vouchers because we were guests at the hotel. We paid full price for the room. They were confused to why we had to pay for dinner ( 2 sandwiches 2 dinner salads 2 sodas $53.00). Dinner took a while food was ok, nothing great, my french dip sandwich was cold. Only 1 server who was overwhelmed, bar patrons left no service. We didn't have breakfast there. Room was dated, but clean. Could use new rugs, very dirty. Halls smelled moldy to walk through. All in all expensive ask for your food vouchers. I think they pick and choose who to give them to.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Mr. DonzNNathan:

I am extremely sorry to hear of your experience. This is very contrasting to what we stand for and I assure you not the usual guest experience. Please feel free to contact myself directly as I would like to have more details to ensure nothing like this guets repeated. We strive to deliver above and beyond customer service. I sincerely hpoe you get back with me and return to see next time the great service we ordinarily excel at. I anticipate hearing from you soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

american airlines selected them to put us up after a missed connection. had to wait nearly two hours at the airport curb as it came every 45 minutes to scoop up 8 people of 40 waiting. now we are in a checkin line with the slowest clerk on the face of the earth. we'll be lucky if we see our room in less than 3 hours.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Mr. Adam F;

I am extremely sorry to read of your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet our own expectations when you had to wait at the airport to be picke up in our complimentary shuttle and then again during check in time. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

AIDA MARTINEZ
305-443-2301
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Room itself is average. However the experience of getting the refund of a double-charged room is VERY FRUSTRATING AND UNPROFESSIONAL.

We stayed in a queen bed room on Dec24th, 2013 and prepaid it on priceline.com. After checking out we found that the room was charged again by the hotel so I decided to call them to correct it. I called two days in a row and for both times I was told the manager was not in and she was the only one who could deal with the refund. Left a phone message for the manager but got no responses. Only till the third time I called did I finally reach the manager and she promised she would confirm with priceline and would let me know the result as soon as possible. After that ONE MONTH has passed and I heard NOTHING from them, no refunds either. So I called AGAIN today and was told AGAIN that the manager was not in and I have to wait till next day when she was in

It's not about the money after all. It's about the way how they correct an error. It's like once you paid the money and went out of their door they don't care about the customers any more. I will not stay in this facility again.

BTW all the times I called was during business hours on weekdays. 9am, 12pm, 1pm, 3pm etc. It really stuns me that most of the time you can not find the person in charge...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear YZhao84;

I am extremely sorry to hear of your experience. This is very contrasting to what we stand for and I assure you not the usual guest experience. Please feel free to contact myself directly as I would like to have more detials to ensure nothing like this gets repeated. We strive to deliver above and beyond customer service. I sincerely hope you contact me and more importantly you return to see next time the great service we ordinarily excel at. I anticipate hearing from you soon.

305-443-2301
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I booked a reservation at the Courtyard Miami Coral Gables on December 6th for a January 21 stay. I drove all day and was in meetings so didn't arrive until 10pm. I walked in just to be told they gave my room away at 7pm. I think because I booked my reservation on Kayak.com and Prepaid it, they felt it would be easy to bounce me to another Marriott. I explained I specifically selected this hotel because my morning appointment was a mile away, and I also explained I am a Marriott Gold member and stay over 50 nights a year around the country. No deal. They sent me 10 minutes away to another hotel, that was not as nice. Very upset with this experience and the Assistant GM that I was told decided I didn't deserve to sleep in the hotel I booked a month in advance.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Ms. Barnet;

I am very dissapointing to hear of your resent experience while visiting the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables. The circumstances surrounding your reservation was not our usual practice, it is never our intension to displace our guests and send them to another hotel. On the day of your arrival do to flight cancellations we experienced an unexpected amount of guests having to extend their stay, resulting in an overbooking of rooms affecting your reservation. Please accept my deepest apology for your experience in our hotel, we have great reviews posted on this site and we rank 5 of 12 hotels in Miami. Feel free to contact me directly on property should you return to Coral Gables, I will make sure that you stay in one of our more spacious rooms and get to experience the great service we ordinarily excel at. I anticipate hearing from you soon.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Hotel is definitely up to Courtyard standards. Like many hotels in this category the air conditioner is a bit loud, especially when cycling on and off. Comfortable bed, clean bathroom.

Excellent access and large, easy to find parking lot. Easy walk to many restaurants. Breakfast in the morning is good and there is a huge seating area with room to spare.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Jeff C;

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am delighted to read you found our beds comfortable, had a clean bathroom, enjoyed breakfast in our ample Courtyard Cafe and enjoyed finding parking space in our convenient parking lot.

We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. Front desk staff is very service-oriented, as is the very impressive wait staff. Had a decent enough dinner (apples in the salad were on the mushy side) along with a good glass of wine. Waiter was extremely solicitous and accommodating. Breakfast was OK, although a tad rough around the edges--oatmeal was on the runny side, and the fresh fruit was sparse, floating in water, and looked as if it had had a bad night.

Room was very spacious, modern and well-appointed. Good, fluffy towels and the best water pressure I've experienced in any hotel in years (maybe ever). The fact, however, that the toilet seat was seriously peeling, along with a decent part of the bathroom ceiling, did give me pause.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Mr. Asrosen:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the TripAdvisor community. While I am dissapointed that your stay was not a perfect one, the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables staff and I strive to deliver the absolute best lodging experience in the Coral Gables area. Thank you for your kind comments regarding my front desk staff "service-oriented" as well as the "very impressive breakfast attendants" . It warms my heart to see the level or service my team provided you made such a lasting impact on you. I am also happy to read that you found our water pressure to be "the best water pressure you have experienced in any hotel in years" (maybe ever). That is wonderful news!!

I am sorry you found a problem with the toilet seat in your guestroom and noticed an issue with the bathroom ceiling. I will personally address that today. I look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon and wish your safe and exciting travels.

Aida Martinez

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!