“Wonderful Service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The few who have had problems here, I can assure would have problems most anywhere.
Service is extrodinary. Friendly, attractive and knows what they are doing.
Extrodinary , if there is such athing would be an understatement when describing those employed at this hotel. There is a resturant with a bar, nice to go for a cocktail. Room service if you want. Martine man is resturant, is fantastic,. Nothing ruins a holiday faster then nasty service.

Room Tip: Rooms are all the same with exception of those that face pool. The exception they face pool otherwis...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Franktony;

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our staff;s "extraordinary service" . It warms my heart to see the level service my team provided you made such a lasting impact on you. I will share your feedback with my team to help them understand what an effect their actions can make on our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon and wish you safe and exciting travels.

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is located in a descent neighborhood. At night it looks a little sketchy, but it wasn't bad. The hotel staff were very kind and accommodated our every need. They even gave out free cookies haha. Our room was a standard room with 2 queen beds and 1 bathroom. The bathroom was a little small, but clean. However, the A/C in the room was okay. It took a while for it to kick in and sort of cool the whole room to our desired temperature, but it's not like the room was extremely hot or anything. It was still comfortable. Good hotel. If I ever come back to Coral Gables I'll be staying at this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Mayaa_4;

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of the Coral Gables neighborhood and community. Thank you for your feedback regarding the air conditoner quality, we have since your visit inspected the room and have made the necessary adjustments. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly and caring staff, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Panama City, Panama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

How disappointing, Coral Gables is a delightful area but this Marriott is, in my opinion, just not up to par and rather has a feeling of a bit of an upmarket motel. The place is run down and dirty by international Marriott standards in all of the public areas. The restaurant is grubby, the menu lacks imagination and the music played while tucking into your grub of choice makes one feel like they have entered the twilight zone - very dissapointing. The gym, again extremely dirty is also under equipped and the pool, although looks appetizing on the website photographs brings to mind a miniature Lido and in need of updating and maintenance. The rooms however are thankfully cleaner and more adequate but for the price per night, we expected more. Come on Marriott, up your game and don't forget the attention to detail - don't let the side down or we may have to sleep elsewhere in future.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Travel Writer Panajacx;

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. As a Marriott Platinum Elite member, you understand what our standards are as a brand. Please accept my sincere apology for my property not meeting your expectations. Your experience is very contrasting to what we stand for and I assure you not the usual guest experience. I am happy to read you found your room clean and comfortable. As you read the majority of reviews this property operates at a high level of service and cleanliness.

I am glad to inform that the pool area will undergo renovations in the next couple of months. By this time next year we will have a new restaurant in place "Courtyard Bistro" and a brand new lobby with new lobby furniture, check-in desk, refurbished business center and the addition of Starbucks Kiosk. That will most definitely change the image of the hotel while still maintaining its personality with the Coral Gables historical charm. Please check us out again next fall and you will not be disappointed.

virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We came down to Miami a day early for a cruise and stayed here because they offered free shuttle service from the airport. While you can tell this is an older hotel that could use a little updating it worked for us. The front desk staff was really very friendly and made you feel really welcomed. The room was very clean with a flat screen TV. We were on the fourth floor so request a room away from the main st. There is a restaurant on premise but because we just felt like getting out we did not take advantage of that. It is within walking distance to a Publix grocery store and there are several eating establishments within walking distance from Burger King to finer restaurants. Though they did not offer shuttle service to Port of Miami they will call a cab for you which runs about 26.00. On the whole I say it was a great place for the price and I would definantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from main street its a little noisier closer to the street
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Kk-n-va;

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such positive feedback with the TripAdvisor community about the Courtyard Marriott in Coral Gables. We very much appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our front desk staff, we are very happy that you had a pleasant stay. It was great that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service from the airport. I hope you visit us again soon and I wish you safe and exiting travels.

Simi Valley, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

A decent enough place in Coral Gables. The hotel needs some updating, as wallpaper in the bathroom is peeling and the toilet should be replaced. However for the price and location it's pretty good. The service was great except in the restaurant; there it was ridiculously slow. The front desk folks are wonderfully polite, kind, and very helpful. Housekeeping was really great with our request for crib sheets for the pack and play crib they brought up and were very friendly. Good place for my husband and one year old to use as a base for a family visit to my grandmother.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Elaine A;

Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff, we are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Your observation of our hotel being in need of updating is well taken and understood. We are in the process of updating all of our public areas including our guest rooms. The project should be completed late 2014, I hope you have plans to visit us after the renovation. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community, we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have safe and exciting travels!

Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Although my first night wasn't that great ... I found ants all over my mattress !!!
Called the reception, they apologized and moved me to the fifth floor .. The room there was very good ... The negative side was that they tried to charge me for that night but I explained that I basically couldn't sleep because of ants then they decided to not to charge me for that night only!
Overall the hotel is good and I would come back again.

• Stayed July 2013
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Ms Wsuwsu;

We are sorry that you were dissapointed the first night of your stay. We have since this incident taken care of the issue, thank you for your feedback during your stay and allowing us to correct the problem immediately. I am thrilled my team was able to exceed your expectations and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have a safe and exciting travels!

Cherry Hill, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel 2-3 times per year for the past 3 years since our daughter started at U Miami. As a platinum member, I have also been disappointed with the staffing changes as I previously felt "at home" when the front staff welcomed me by name as I entered the front door. I would always receive a gift bag upon check in that contained water and snacks. Great personal touch that no longer exists.
The current staff were friendly and very accommodating to my request to change rooms.
The hotel is clean and rooms are well equipped per standard Marriott decor. I love the pool area as it is rarely used and I often have the pool to myself. Suggest the management consider replacing the carpeting in hallways and rooms as it is worn in various places.
I recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a hotel in South Miami that is close to UM campus, shopping and great restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Hdmdrx from Cherry Hill NJ;

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community about the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables. I am thrilled to hear you found our front desk team friendly and very accomodating to your needs. I am sorry that you did not receive upon check in the custumery elite member gift bag with water ans snack we always give our Elite members such as you. Thank you for your suggestions regarding changing the hallway carpets, I'd like to inform you we are currently this week changing ALL the guest room hallway carpets, meeting rooms and banquet foyer carpets. In addition within a couple of months the pool area which you love so much will also be going through a renovation changing all the furnitures and accessories. Next year we will be upgrading all our guest rooms, restaurant and lobby area.
Please know that we take all of our guest comments and suggestions seriously, so much so that we have resently started providing all our Elite members with complimentary parking, a dedicated check in line and a raffle game with an opportunity to win Marriott reward points, complimentary beverages from our market place, complimentary dinner or breakfast in our restaurant and other exciting surprises. Thank you for your loyalty with Marriott and in particular with our property in Coral Gables. I look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon and wish you safe and exciting travels.

Sincerely
Aida Martinez

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!