“Decent place good price” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersBronze level
virginia
“Decent place good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We came down to Miami a day early for a cruise and stayed here because they offered free shuttle service from the airport. While you can tell this is an older hotel that could use a little updating it worked for us. The front desk staff was really very friendly and made you feel really welcomed. The room was very clean with a flat screen TV. We were on the fourth floor so request a room away from the main st. There is a restaurant on premise but because we just felt like getting out we did not take advantage of that. It is within walking distance to a Publix grocery store and there are several eating establishments within walking distance from Burger King to finer restaurants. Though they did not offer shuttle service to Port of Miami they will call a cab for you which runs about 26.00. On the whole I say it was a great place for the price and I would definantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from main street its a little noisier closer to the street
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Kk-n-va;

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such positive feedback with the TripAdvisor community about the Courtyard Marriott in Coral Gables. We very much appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our front desk staff, we are very happy that you had a pleasant stay. It was great that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service from the airport. I hope you visit us again soon and I wish you safe and exiting travels.

Kindest Regards,
Aida Martinez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Simi Valley, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

A decent enough place in Coral Gables. The hotel needs some updating, as wallpaper in the bathroom is peeling and the toilet should be replaced. However for the price and location it's pretty good. The service was great except in the restaurant; there it was ridiculously slow. The front desk folks are wonderfully polite, kind, and very helpful. Housekeeping was really great with our request for crib sheets for the pack and play crib they brought up and were very friendly. Good place for my husband and one year old to use as a base for a family visit to my grandmother.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Elaine A;

Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff, we are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Your observation of our hotel being in need of updating is well taken and understood. We are in the process of updating all of our public areas including our guest rooms. The project should be completed late 2014, I hope you have plans to visit us after the renovation. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community, we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have safe and exciting travels!

Kindest Regards,
Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Although my first night wasn't that great ... I found ants all over my mattress !!!
Called the reception, they apologized and moved me to the fifth floor .. The room there was very good ... The negative side was that they tried to charge me for that night but I explained that I basically couldn't sleep because of ants then they decided to not to charge me for that night only!
Overall the hotel is good and I would come back again.

• Stayed July 2013
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Ms Wsuwsu;

We are sorry that you were dissapointed the first night of your stay. We have since this incident taken care of the issue, thank you for your feedback during your stay and allowing us to correct the problem immediately. I am thrilled my team was able to exceed your expectations and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have a safe and exciting travels!

Cherry Hill, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel 2-3 times per year for the past 3 years since our daughter started at U Miami. As a platinum member, I have also been disappointed with the staffing changes as I previously felt "at home" when the front staff welcomed me by name as I entered the front door. I would always receive a gift bag upon check in that contained water and snacks. Great personal touch that no longer exists.
The current staff were friendly and very accommodating to my request to change rooms.
The hotel is clean and rooms are well equipped per standard Marriott decor. I love the pool area as it is rarely used and I often have the pool to myself. Suggest the management consider replacing the carpeting in hallways and rooms as it is worn in various places.
I recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a hotel in South Miami that is close to UM campus, shopping and great restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Hdmdrx from Cherry Hill NJ;

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community about the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables. I am thrilled to hear you found our front desk team friendly and very accomodating to your needs. I am sorry that you did not receive upon check in the custumery elite member gift bag with water ans snack we always give our Elite members such as you. Thank you for your suggestions regarding changing the hallway carpets, I'd like to inform you we are currently this week changing ALL the guest room hallway carpets, meeting rooms and banquet foyer carpets. In addition within a couple of months the pool area which you love so much will also be going through a renovation changing all the furnitures and accessories. Next year we will be upgrading all our guest rooms, restaurant and lobby area.
Please know that we take all of our guest comments and suggestions seriously, so much so that we have resently started providing all our Elite members with complimentary parking, a dedicated check in line and a raffle game with an opportunity to win Marriott reward points, complimentary beverages from our market place, complimentary dinner or breakfast in our restaurant and other exciting surprises. Thank you for your loyalty with Marriott and in particular with our property in Coral Gables. I look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon and wish you safe and exciting travels.

Sincerely
Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am sad to say that we no longer consider this hotel our home away from home. It has become just another place to stay when passing thru on trips. In the past six months the management has changed as well as about 98% of the out front hotel staff. No more warm family feel!!! The service is very cold and impersonal. The van now runs ONLY on the hour .....no exceptions no matter whether if you are Platinum and stay in the hotel on a regular basis. And then... The last time we stayed the van left late..we had to go ask where the driver was...AND he took a detour to take a couple of men to a place in downtown Coral Gables. This hotel has slipped A LOT. So, now we will stay whereever the price is best because this hotel no longer warrants an extra dollar.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Ms. CostaRicaSue:

The staff at the Courtyard Marriott in Coral Gables and I are so sorry to hear that your stay was far from your standards and expectations. To hear that you no longer consider our hotel your "home away from home" is both dissapointing and hurtful. I would love the opportunity to hear from you and to gain your trust again, please contact me so I can take the necessary steps to ensure your satisfaction. My team goal is to hear you say "this is my home away from home" again.

786-837-2834 direct
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed here for a quick overnight and arrived a little late.. I believe the Front Desk agent was in training but everything went good.
The hotel shows its age but they have kept it up a little.. Beds were okay and rooms were pretty nice..
Hotel still doesn't have the bistro set-up but still looks pretty good.
The only complaint I have is with the parking.. Why charge $10 for a parking spot that wasn't guaranteed.. There was limited parking across the street!

Other than that everything else was fine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JM11traveler;

I very much appreciate you taking the time to shae your review of the Courtyard Marriott in Coral Gables with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear that our associate Julian while still in training was able to deliver a good arrival experience. I am glad to know that while we don't have the Bristro concept yet (coming in 2014) you found our restaurant in good conditions and enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear you had challenges finding parking space despite paying for it, this should have not happened and we would have loved to learn of this issue while you were staying with us. Please contact me to at your convenience to take the necessary steps to ensure your satisfaction.

Best wishes!
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

It is a good location near to the airport and to the downtown, but decoration and the furniture looked old to me. In the rooms I found several issues: the TV system was confusing to use and it disable the connection of devices to the HDMI port to use only as screen, it might be that the TV was an old one, one of the phones did not work and the network cable was broken. On the other hand staff was very kind, but unfortunately they were not enough employes at some times like Sunday night when I had to wait for 20 minutes to get a tuna sandwich. Food is good and prices are reasonable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Morales;

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of the Courtyard Marriott in Coral Gables with the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled that you found our location and service to be helpful and friendly. Your feedback regarding the staffing levels in the restaurant on Sunday has been noted and action will be taken to ensure this does not happen again. I am thrilled you found the food quality and prices reasonable. I apologize for the inconvenience of the TV system and please know that we have inspected the room and fixed the issue. Thank you for reporting it before your departure. Also, please note the hotel will be going through exptensive renovations beginning summer of 2014 with other upgrades to be completed in the public and meeting areas later this year! It's through feedback from loyal guests like you that help us make a difference. I look forward to seeing you upon your next vistit.

Kindest regards,
Aida Martinez

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!