“Great location for UM parents” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cherry Hill, NJ
“Great location for UM parents”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel 2-3 times per year for the past 3 years since our daughter started at U Miami. As a platinum member, I have also been disappointed with the staffing changes as I previously felt "at home" when the front staff welcomed me by name as I entered the front door. I would always receive a gift bag upon check in that contained water and snacks. Great personal touch that no longer exists.
The current staff were friendly and very accommodating to my request to change rooms.
The hotel is clean and rooms are well equipped per standard Marriott decor. I love the pool area as it is rarely used and I often have the pool to myself. Suggest the management consider replacing the carpeting in hallways and rooms as it is worn in various places.
I recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a hotel in South Miami that is close to UM campus, shopping and great restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Hdmdrx from Cherry Hill NJ;

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community about the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables. I am thrilled to hear you found our front desk team friendly and very accomodating to your needs. I am sorry that you did not receive upon check in the custumery elite member gift bag with water ans snack we always give our Elite members such as you. Thank you for your suggestions regarding changing the hallway carpets, I'd like to inform you we are currently this week changing ALL the guest room hallway carpets, meeting rooms and banquet foyer carpets. In addition within a couple of months the pool area which you love so much will also be going through a renovation changing all the furnitures and accessories. Next year we will be upgrading all our guest rooms, restaurant and lobby area.
Please know that we take all of our guest comments and suggestions seriously, so much so that we have resently started providing all our Elite members with complimentary parking, a dedicated check in line and a raffle game with an opportunity to win Marriott reward points, complimentary beverages from our market place, complimentary dinner or breakfast in our restaurant and other exciting surprises. Thank you for your loyalty with Marriott and in particular with our property in Coral Gables. I look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon and wish you safe and exciting travels.

Sincerely
Aida Martinez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Turkish first
Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am sad to say that we no longer consider this hotel our home away from home. It has become just another place to stay when passing thru on trips. In the past six months the management has changed as well as about 98% of the out front hotel staff. No more warm family feel!!! The service is very cold and impersonal. The van now runs ONLY on the hour .....no exceptions no matter whether if you are Platinum and stay in the hotel on a regular basis. And then... The last time we stayed the van left late..we had to go ask where the driver was...AND he took a detour to take a couple of men to a place in downtown Coral Gables. This hotel has slipped A LOT. So, now we will stay whereever the price is best because this hotel no longer warrants an extra dollar.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Ms. CostaRicaSue:

The staff at the Courtyard Marriott in Coral Gables and I are so sorry to hear that your stay was far from your standards and expectations. To hear that you no longer consider our hotel your "home away from home" is both dissapointing and hurtful. I would love the opportunity to hear from you and to gain your trust again, please contact me so I can take the necessary steps to ensure your satisfaction. My team goal is to hear you say "this is my home away from home" again.

786-837-2834 direct
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed here for a quick overnight and arrived a little late.. I believe the Front Desk agent was in training but everything went good.
The hotel shows its age but they have kept it up a little.. Beds were okay and rooms were pretty nice..
Hotel still doesn't have the bistro set-up but still looks pretty good.
The only complaint I have is with the parking.. Why charge $10 for a parking spot that wasn't guaranteed.. There was limited parking across the street!

Other than that everything else was fine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JM11traveler;

I very much appreciate you taking the time to shae your review of the Courtyard Marriott in Coral Gables with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear that our associate Julian while still in training was able to deliver a good arrival experience. I am glad to know that while we don't have the Bristro concept yet (coming in 2014) you found our restaurant in good conditions and enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear you had challenges finding parking space despite paying for it, this should have not happened and we would have loved to learn of this issue while you were staying with us. Please contact me to at your convenience to take the necessary steps to ensure your satisfaction.

Best wishes!
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

It is a good location near to the airport and to the downtown, but decoration and the furniture looked old to me. In the rooms I found several issues: the TV system was confusing to use and it disable the connection of devices to the HDMI port to use only as screen, it might be that the TV was an old one, one of the phones did not work and the network cable was broken. On the other hand staff was very kind, but unfortunately they were not enough employes at some times like Sunday night when I had to wait for 20 minutes to get a tuna sandwich. Food is good and prices are reasonable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Morales;

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of the Courtyard Marriott in Coral Gables with the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled that you found our location and service to be helpful and friendly. Your feedback regarding the staffing levels in the restaurant on Sunday has been noted and action will be taken to ensure this does not happen again. I am thrilled you found the food quality and prices reasonable. I apologize for the inconvenience of the TV system and please know that we have inspected the room and fixed the issue. Thank you for reporting it before your departure. Also, please note the hotel will be going through exptensive renovations beginning summer of 2014 with other upgrades to be completed in the public and meeting areas later this year! It's through feedback from loyal guests like you that help us make a difference. I look forward to seeing you upon your next vistit.

Kindest regards,
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our family stayed there two nights this week. My husband got sick and they were so nice. They got him complimentary cereal and my daughter and I fresh fruit. We had arrived late for breakfast and were not sure if we were going to go out or what. The staff at the front desk was very nice, gave us a good recommendation for dinner. They greeted us each time we came in. Wonderful location. I have stayed here before and will do so again.

Room Tip: I would ask for one in the back or side, not facing LeJeune Rd. Ours was on the Navarre side and it...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear NPSRVA - Thank you for taking the time to post your very kind review for the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables on TripAdvisor.com. I am thrilled my team was able to exceed your expectations and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon in your prefered room facing Navarre st. Have a safe and exciting travels!

Kindest Regards,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there overnight - and it was well worth it.

Staff were superb both evening and early shift and couldn't have been nicer.

Food was good and reasonably priced and breakfast selection was excellent.

Rooftop pool finishes it off and excellent garden furniture make it all worth staying in and chilling out.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Trueblue1873 - We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our rooftop pool with our garden furniture. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to your next visit, we hope is a longer stay next time.

London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

So my latest trip to Miami for business was not to the classy Delano but the more utilitarian Courtyard Coral Gables some way inland.

It's right on the busy road just 10 minutes from the airport and close to the company's Miami office.

That's handy of course and I have no complaints about the clean but utterly style-less accommodation and facilities. Glamour - it isn't: from the puny swimming pool and gym to the ordinary breakfast, it won't get your pulse racing.

Bacon ran out at breakfast and one day the staff were so interested in themselves I don't get a coffee.

But for decent value functional comfort close to one of the business areas it's OK.

If, like me, you like the Miami glamour, you can grab a $35 cab for the 10 mile ride to Miami Beach for one night of seafront cocktails.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the main Le Jeune Road.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Ms Fulhamish;

Thank you for taking the time to post your review for the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables on TripAdvisor community. I am very happy to read you found our hotel clean and very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectation with our style-less accomodation and facilities. All our public areas (Lobby, Restaurant, Pool etc.) will be renovated early next year to reflect the new Refreshin Business Courtyard concept including a Starbucks on property. I appreciate you sharing the information about the restaurant service, I will use this feedback as a training aid for my Restaurant team. As you read in the majority of our reviews, this hotel operates at a very high level of service and cleanliness. I am quite confident that you will have an excellent experience when you decide to return in the near future.

Best wishes,
Aida Martinez

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!