“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I've stayed here in the past and always find it to have friendly service and like that it is walking distance to shopping and restaurants since parking can be tough and expensive in Miami. The hotel is getting older, but they keep the rooms updated and clean. The restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner only and the food is good. The best part is the big swimming pool and lounge chairs and sofas on the sun deck.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Rhonda,

Thank you so much for these kind words and for being a returning customer, that means the world to us! I am proud to say that the hotel will be undergoing a complete renovation in the upcoming year so we won't be showing off our age anymore. I hope the next time you're in town you'll come see what's new!

Thank you once again!

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

It's a good thing we were stuck in horrible traffic and decided to go to the American girl store first prior to checking in. The front desk clerk said I have a room with a view if the pool when we checked in. My kids were so excited and raced upstairs to change their swim suits. Normally that is a great thing. However , when we got to the room and looked out the window , the pool was empty! And not from lack of people from it not having water! I wish this was put on the Marriott website!

I had stayed at this property a cople of years ago and I don't remember being charged for parking. There is a $10 charge for that. It's ridiculous if ou ask me being charged for parking at a courtyard!

The front desk staff was very friendly but we should have been advised the charge for parking when they gave us the parking pass and should have said the pool has been out of order. Also the free shuttle is in demand and the wait o use it or be picked up cold be a long wait!

Great location. We walked to miracle mile. There are tons of coffee shops and bakeries all around! And some great places to eat!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
I can only imagine how disappointing it must have been for your girls to find out that the pool was closed; you have my greatest apologies. The pool required some surprise maintenance and needed to be emptied in the best interest of the safety of our guests. However, it is filled now and operating as well as can be. In reference to our parking charge, I apologize that it took you by surprise. Given that parking is so difficult to find in the vicinity all of the business operations charge a fee for parking, we pride ourselves in knowing we are the least expensive.

I would appreciate it very much if the next time that you're in Coral Gables you take the time to contact me. It would be my pleasure to do all that I can to make your next stay with us the absolute best that it can be for you and your girls.
Cupertino, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went on vacations to Miami and stay there wih my two daughters. the bad experience started when we saw a sign at the front door stating that the pool was out of Service. When you have two girls that are expecting to be able to go to the pool upon arriving after a 5 hours flight, it is not good news.
The staff tried to arranged to take us to another hotel's pool, we went there, there was not changing room and when we call the hotel to pick us up, they first said 5 minutes. when I called back after 15 minutes they said that the shuttle had to go to the airport and that it would be another 15 mn that turned out to be 30mn... (with two wet girls ...)
Although the hotel had our email and phone, nobody took the opportunity to send us a message to tell us about the pool condition, we could have changed to another courtyard in the area.
Then the door key had to be re-mangnetized every evening, for some reason both key did not work the evening when we cam back.
then the last night the AC stopped working in our room and kept doing a clicking noise.

Very disapointing for a Marriott....

Chris

Chris,

First and foremost, I would like to offer you my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you and your family experienced during your stay with us. Our staff works very hard to ensure that each of our guests has the best stay possible, so it is quite disappointing to know that we've somehow fallen short of that goal.

Unfortunately, our recent pool maintenance was not something that we planned very much in advance, it was something that needed to be done for the safety of our guests. The hotel is looking forward to a complete renovation in the coming year, which will include an update of our guest room air-conditioners and an upgrade on our door lock system. In the mean time we continue to work very hard to ensure our air conditioners are properly maintained and address any room key issue immediately with our guests.

If you should find yourself returning to the beautiful city of Coral Gables, please contact me directly. Myself and my staff would be most appreciative of the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes, and those of your family.
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in March. This is a solid 4 "star" hotel close to a variety of areas and attractions, decent breakfast (there are walkable alternatives). All staff very friendly, room wifi was fine. It gets 5 stars from us for the free convenient parking and the fact that when we arrived at the airport and called for the shuttle, the desk clerk apologized that the shuttle would probably be about 30 minutes, so she instructed us to take a taxi, which would be reimbursed when we arrived. Which they promptly did, in cash. That's service!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob and Paula,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be convenient and friendly. I hope we'll have the opportunity to see you again on your next visit to Miami!
Rockville Centre, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel to attend the Student Acceptance Day at the University of Miami. I wanted to stay close to the University but also get the opportunity to see the surrounding area as well.The staff was so helpful and cheerful. I had asked directions to a certain restaurant we had wanted to dine at and they kindly offered to drop and pick us up at the restaurant which was just a few blocks away!!! The rooms were immaculate. The only reason I did not give a five is that the hotel rooms do need some updating but that's the fault of the Marriott Chain and not those who are employed at the site. Dave the morning desk clerk also gets a gracious thank you for adjusting our bill due to the discrepancy in the U of Miami discounted rate! Needless to say we will be back as my daughter has decided to become a Hurricane

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
claudia P, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Congratulations to your new Hurricane!!!

Thank you so much for staying wtih us and I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your time here. I hope you'll make the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables your home away from home when visiting your daughter at UM! I would like also to let you know that we are under new management so little by little we are making updates and improvements to our property. Come by on your next visit to the city so we can show you how we're improving to better serve you.
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here because of its proximity to University of Miami as we were touring the school. We had 2 rooms. My teens stayed in one room on the streetside and it was pretty noisy. My husband and I had a great room poolside and had no complaints. The hotel is clean and the front desk super helpful and cheerful. The restaurant was just great. Totally enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the streetside were kinda noisy with street noise. Room on pool side were awesome!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I'm glad to know you all enjoyed yourselves! Thank you so much for staying with us. I hope you'll make us your home away from home when you get some Hurricanes in the family! Good luck to them!
Kew Gardens, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

First thing I noticed was how outgoing and friendly the front desk was. Oh yes, a chipper desk person is just the key to me knowing that this is a great hotel.

The rooms were clean and bed comfy.

Martin at the bar where I ate Cuban pulled pork (delicious!) was attentive and charming.

Breakfast buffet was reasonably priced and had great choices.

There's a pool, but I didn't go in (this time).

The rec room was a perfect temperature. :D

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I'd like to thank you on behalf of your entire Courtyard Coral Gables Family, and a special thank you on behalf of Martin and our evening chef.

I hope you'll come back to see us again soon!

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!