“Charming and courteous staff” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rockville Centre, New York
“Charming and courteous staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel to attend the Student Acceptance Day at the University of Miami. I wanted to stay close to the University but also get the opportunity to see the surrounding area as well.The staff was so helpful and cheerful. I had asked directions to a certain restaurant we had wanted to dine at and they kindly offered to drop and pick us up at the restaurant which was just a few blocks away!!! The rooms were immaculate. The only reason I did not give a five is that the hotel rooms do need some updating but that's the fault of the Marriott Chain and not those who are employed at the site. Dave the morning desk clerk also gets a gracious thank you for adjusting our bill due to the discrepancy in the U of Miami discounted rate! Needless to say we will be back as my daughter has decided to become a Hurricane

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
claudia P, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Congratulations to your new Hurricane!!!

Thank you so much for staying wtih us and I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your time here. I hope you'll make the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables your home away from home when visiting your daughter at UM! I would like also to let you know that we are under new management so little by little we are making updates and improvements to our property. Come by on your next visit to the city so we can show you how we're improving to better serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here because of its proximity to University of Miami as we were touring the school. We had 2 rooms. My teens stayed in one room on the streetside and it was pretty noisy. My husband and I had a great room poolside and had no complaints. The hotel is clean and the front desk super helpful and cheerful. The restaurant was just great. Totally enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the streetside were kinda noisy with street noise. Room on pool side were awesome!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I'm glad to know you all enjoyed yourselves! Thank you so much for staying with us. I hope you'll make us your home away from home when you get some Hurricanes in the family! Good luck to them!
Kew Gardens, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

First thing I noticed was how outgoing and friendly the front desk was. Oh yes, a chipper desk person is just the key to me knowing that this is a great hotel.

The rooms were clean and bed comfy.

Martin at the bar where I ate Cuban pulled pork (delicious!) was attentive and charming.

Breakfast buffet was reasonably priced and had great choices.

There's a pool, but I didn't go in (this time).

The rec room was a perfect temperature. :D

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I'd like to thank you on behalf of your entire Courtyard Coral Gables Family, and a special thank you on behalf of Martin and our evening chef.

I hope you'll come back to see us again soon!
Celina, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

As a Marriott Gold Member I spend a good deal of time in their hotels. The Courtyart Miami Coral Gables was my worst Marriott experience ever. I was booked to stay from 2/25/13-2/28/13. Upon check in i was told they were over sold and I was walked to a local Best Western. Prior to walking me they confirmed that i would be able to check in at 9:30 the next morning and would be given my confrimed room with a king size bed. The morning of the 26th I went to check in prior to a meeting and was put into a room with 2 double beds. That afternoon I was transferred to a room with a King size bed. The next morning I was given a bill that had me checking out on the 27th which was incorrect. I had to explain my issue to the front desk and my reservation to the 28th. (which was my original reservation). Since checking out on the last day I've had numerous billing issues that they hotel has not resolved a month later.
As for the accomidations: The building is old and the room was not cleaned to the normal mariott standards. I will not be returning to this Courtyard.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sir, I would like to extend a sincere apology to you. For me it is disappointing to know that any guest leaves our hotel without a smile on, but being that you are a Marriott Gold Elite member, this is absolutely unacceptable. Please contact the hotel at your earliest convenience so that we may rectify this situation and compensate you appropriately. If you would find it more convenient, you may contact our Front Desk Supervisor directly at anna.naya@marriott.com so that we may square away your billing issues and make right the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay.

Once more, I do apologize. However, I hope that you will afford us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes in the future.

We look forward to hearing from you.
Lower Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here one night prior to our cruise. The hotel offers a free shuttle from the airport. The hotel is only a few blocks from great shopping and restaurants. I would stay here again in a minute. The staff was wonderful.

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms close to the elevator. A bit noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this kind feedback. I hope you had a great time on your cruise and that the next time you visit Coral Gables, you'll keep us in mind! We'd love to have you back!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed here because the Westin (just down the street) exceeded my company's budget. I checked in late the 3rd of March and immediately had to change rooms because of the smell (think mildewed towels, stale air, old cigarette smoke). The next room I was placed in smelled just as bad but at that point I figured they all would. The bathroom floor had hairs sprinkled on it, the hinges on the doors were rusted, and the amenities (shampoo, conditioner) were generic and dried up. I went to use the computer this morning and it kept closing out my email before I was finished. I also noticed four distinct bites on my legs starting yesterday. I know the types of bites these are because I am extremely allergic. I'm in the lobby now and will be calling the manager to complain about this. The hotel's location is a bit of a walk from the Miracle Mile, not too bad, big nothing close to speak of. I'll only stay at the Westin from now on (immaculate, wonderful service) as opposed to this generic dump.

• Stayed March 2013
claudia P, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Sarah,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Coral Gables. I know that you had many options when choosing your hotel, so, on behalf of your entire Courtyard Coral Gables Family, I do appreciate your patronage!

I would also like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the smell, bathroom and internet during this stay. Our goal is always for each guest to have an exceptional experience with us, so it is with great regret that I write to you now to apologize. With that having been said, the morning after your departure we had our pest control company came to inspect your room and no evidence of any bed bugs or other insects was found. We do not have any kind of insects in our hotel, we have a company that comes every week just to make sure our facilities is up to Marriott standards.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor, we will take your comments in consideration to better ourselves in the future.

The Courtyard Coral Gables Family.
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We selected Coral Gables for being near the airport and University of Miami. This hotel is a good bargain for both. Start with amenities - free parking, free internet throughout hotel, free shuttle service from airport. Price is the price - no extras - big plus for me. Hotel is clean, bedding comfortable, 4 clean smelling pillows on each of our Queen beds. TV has at least two HBO channels, regular and family - pleasant bonus. There is a restaurant at the hotel, skirt steak sandwich was good, gyro less so, service was wonderful.

Shuttle service is free from airport, they promise once an hour. If you call main desk about 20 minutes before you need pickup, they will send van for you (they did for us, but we had a very late arrival so I don't know if they always will - ask).

Our room faced the street. We heard little or no street noise.

Remember this is not the Biltmore, but a clean, pleasant, high-value for the dollar hotel. You will like it

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the street are probably quieter, but we were not bothered by the street noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
claudia P, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for this kind review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and your skirt steak sandwich. The next time that you're in town, we'll will definitely improve upon our gyro for you!

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!