“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I recentally stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Coral Cables after were got off our cruise ship, and it was a very nice hotel. The rooms were clean and the staff very friendly. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
claudia P, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Margaret, thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad that you found everything to be well and we look forward to seeing you again!

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Nice clean courtyard. Easy access (10 mins) from airport with good access to travel south or the city center. Some good restaurants nearby. In room installed air conditioner can be a bit diificult to manage. Free car park helps to keep the overall cost down.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rome
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at this property twice in the past two months - both times I wished I had not. For the first stay, I was in a room off the main street in front of the hotel for three weekday nights - very noisy traffic as of 6AM - could not sleep. Opted for the breakfast package that time and shouldn't have - it's nothing special and the restaurant service was dismal. I had to get up and serve my own water from the waitresses' station because the two girls were too busy talking to one another to see that neither had greeted me upon arrival and asked if I wanted a beverage. Another surprising thing is that I didn't see any staff over age 20 the entire time I was there. Seemed like the place was run by college students. I just stayed at the property again - but for only one night due to the hotel's proximity to the airport. I asked for a room away from the street and while I thought it was going to be better - it was worse. Twice between 5:00 and 6:00AM a trash truck arrived to empty the trash...and my room was directly above the trash room, facing the side parking lot. Really? a trash truck on a Saturday morning that early...I couldn't go back to sleep after that and all of the other noise that comes from the showers/bathrooms either in my neighbor's room or above my room. Cheaply constructed building does not insulate you from any noise. Won't stay here again.

Room Tip: away from the busy main street and away from the trash room (NOT Room #200)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
claudia P, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you inmensely for taking the time to share your experience here on Tripadvisor. All the issues you mention above will be corrected. We hope you give us the oportunity to redeem ourselves again in the future.

Kind Regards,

The Courtyard Miami Coral Gables Family.
Chicago IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very accommodating. I arrived after a very delayed flight, and my original accommodations had fallen through. The staff was very accommodating, offering me a late check out as I was arriving at 3am, they figured I'd need to sleep in the following day. The room was comfortable and although the location is on a busy street the rooms were quiet, and comfy. I slept well. I didn't stay long enough the check out the rest of the property but the service was excellent. Because I was w walk in the price was kind of high at rack rates.

• Stayed November 2012
claudia P, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your review! I'm glad we were able to accomodate you at the last minute and that you enjoyed yourself! On your next visit, try to stay for a couple of days so we can give you a lower rate and show you what's great around the hotel and beautiful city of Coral Gables.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The hotel is an easy ride from the airport. I took the shuttle a couple of years ago, but after elbowing too many people for the vehicle at 5am, I would never do that again. There's ample parking. Rooms that face Le Jeune Road can be noisy, and the ice machines in the corridors are loud as well. Staff were very friendly. There are plenty of restaurants within a ten to fifteen minute walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face the busy road.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you returned for a second visit. We are extremely sorry that the shuttle was full, now we are using a larger shuttle when we have more guests at the airport. We never want you to be anything other than happy and comfortable when you're with us! Our engineering team will take care of the noise from the ice machines.

Thank you immensely for providing feedback! We are always working to be better for you!
Balikpapan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We needed a hotel in the Coral Gables Area, and we were not disappointed by our choice.
1) Great service: warm welcome with a smile, very quick check-in, and really nice service at breakfast.
2) Nice rooms: we've got a room with two king-size beds, big enough to accommodate our family of 4, in addition it was equipped with Micro wave, fridge and coffee-maker
3) Free parking: one-of-a-kind in Miami.
4) Good Breakfast: nice selection of fresh fruits, cereal, dairy, waffles, eggs, etc. The cherry on the pie would have been a cappuccino :)

We would definitively come back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
claudia P, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! It's always such a treat to receive positive feedback like that which you've provided. Our staff works hard to make sure each and every guest has the best experience possible so it is hugely rewarding to us to know that we've done our jobs well. Thank you!

The next time that you're here visiting, ask for that cappuccino and it's yours! This is a "Yes!" hotel, we aim only to see you smile.
pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Returned to this hotel while visiting our son--Front desk staff is fantastic, esp (Shaira--sp??) She was so kind and helpful while trying to help me with a travel voucher print out!! They are very accomodating and offering a smile and "welcome" back when we were in and out! Only had drinks in their restuarant but the food looked good! We had to use the shuttle(free) to catch a very early morning flight and the shuttle was perfectly on schedule. We would not stay any where else in Coral Gables after the wonderful staff and great location! The only negative would have to be the pool area as it is outdated...it is clean and adequate just needs an update...this would not keep us from another visit though!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
First of all, 3 thank you's for you! That is one thank you for being one of our valued guests, another thank you for providing such lovely feedback, and a third special thank you (and hello!) on Sahira's behalf.

The words "we wouldn't stay anywhere else" are ones every hotel loves to hear, and, truthfully, we would get all jealous and miss you if you did!

We can't wait to see you on your next trip into town!

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!