“Great, yet crowded, happy hour” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarpon Bend Raw Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 274 restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Washington DC
“Great, yet crowded, happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've only been for happy hour. Great atmosphere though it gets very crowded. Food and drinks were good - a little pricey and nothing amazing, but not disappointing either. Ordering drinks and other items during happy hour nets tokens that can be used for another drink, which is cool.

Visited January 2013

74% Recommend
Miami
“Great atmosphere, Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

If you're going to be anywhere near The Gables, stop in this establishment and try some seafood and fantastic cocktails. It's always hopping and the seafood is super fresh. Service is always fast, too. I've been coming here for years, each time I'm in the area, and always, always have a fantastic experience. "Why don't we come here more often?" Then the bill comes, and I remember. It's not cheap, but it is good!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awsome overall it was a great experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

The quality of food was excellent service impeccable and good prices for food,i have been to may place and tarpon was the most pleasurable place i have been to in a while.

Miami, Florida
“What great service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We came here for their famous mojitis and some appetizers. Awesome drinks and food. What great service!

Cleveland, Ohio
“Fresh Fish, Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Ate here based on a recommendation from a colleague. There was a lot of fresh fish on the menu which provided us with plenty of options. I ordered fresh oysters which were very good and my brother ordered the Cajun Crawfish Gumbo which smelled divine. For my entree, I ordered the tuna which was cooked to perfection. I am very picky about how my tuna is cooked (or should I say 'not cooked') and the chef met my expectations. My brother had the seared yellowfin tuna salad which he said was very good; it even came with a dollop of wasabi.

We ate outside, which for two Ohioans on a February evening is a delight. My only caution for outside diners is to be prepared for cigar and cigarette smokers to be close by.

The only downside that I experienced was the minimal wine and beer selection. What wine they did offer, I found to be overpriced.