“Visited twice in four days” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Titanic Brewing Company

Titanic Brewing Company
5813 Ponce De Leon Blvd, Next to the University of Miami Basebal Field, Coral Gables, FL 33146
(305) 668-1742
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #69 of 274 restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Sandwiches
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: We are Miami's Oldest and Finest Brewpub. We are currently the only Brewpub that actually brews beer ON LOCATION.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Visited twice in four days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stopped here with a family member that lives in the area. We stopped again two days later! The food was wonderful, the beer was good, and the atmosphere was laid back. It's on my agenda for the next time I return to Coral Gables!

Visited January 2013

80% Recommend
Ocean Ridge, FL
“Great brewpub near "The U"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Dropped in here last night after the Canes basketball game to watch the end of the Heat game. It was so crowded and busy that we didn't think we'd get a table, but we quickly did find one. Our waitress was with us before we were ready! One of our party ordered the India Star India Pale Ale, and another ordered the Britannia Best Bitter. I was the DD so I only ordered food. The table next to us had come in for the first time and got the Porthole Sampler which appeared to have something for everyone as they all ordered a different beer! According to my beer-loving companions, both brews were delicious. For the next round, they ordered each other's beer.

Food: wow! Go hungry. The chili is just one of the best I've ever tasted, and a cup is enough! One party ordered the pulled pork sandwich which he says he gets every time he comes in. One ordered the meatloaf which was ground beef and sausage with perfect seasoning, then topped with bacon! So delicious! I got a very fresh Cobb salad. The only less-than-perfect thing was that I asked for it chopped, and the waitress honestly told me that the kitchen would not do that because they were so busy, but that they would be happy to another time. Reasonable enough. The food came quickly which was surprising given the crowd.

If you're in the University area, it would be in your best interest to give this brewpub a try. I can't imagine that you'd be disappointed. Oh, we were too full, but they did have peanut butter pie!

Taking kids during the day would be okay, I think, but not at night, just FYI.

I

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Go for the Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Nice little place near the University of Miami. Crowd was young and old alike. We had a sampler of all their beers and all were very good. We settled on a couple and had a few pints along with dinner. The menu includes everything from appetizers to a minimal selection of desserts. I tried the pork chops with the apricot chutney. Very good, but a bit undercooked. My wife had the prime rib. She was hesitant since it wasn't a steak house, but it was pretty good. My friends said the oyster po-boy and the gumbo were very good. None were excellent but definitely above average. Atmosphere is nice, like most pubs and the service was very good and friendly. I liked the beer over the food, so go for a beer and a snack and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eastern Shore, Maryland
“It's the Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

OK - micro breweries are where you go for unique craft beers and the Titanic doesn't disappoint. My friend and I were going to the Miaimi-VT game later that night and thought we'd stop here for lunch and get into the game mode near the campus of the Hurricanes. The neighborhood doesn't seem to celebrate 'canes football, so we stuck with the beer.

The Capt Smith Rye Ale is a unique twist from the normal barley based micros. Really nice bouquet... and the right amount of hopes as to not overpower the light hopping. The Whitewater IPA wasn't as crisp as some IPA's can be, but left a very clean after taste.

For food... the fish chowder may not win any gold medals, but it is a sure silver medalist.

Nice atmosphere and friendly service.

IF you're staying for any length of time... the street parking meters can eat up quarters pretty fast. Neighborhood could be a little dicey if you stray off the beaten path.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“Good Beer, Good Food, Good Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

One of the best brewpubs in South Florida, the kitchen serves solid upscale "pub grub" to go with a tasty lineup of beers made onsite (try the Rye Ale). There's regular evening music as well, usually without a cover charge.

Visited August 2012