“A poor imitation of an Irish Pub” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ponce DeLeon
Egham, United Kingdom
“A poor imitation of an Irish Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Made the mistake of eating here on a Saturday night. Place was quite busy as there was live music scheduled for the evening.

Service very hit and miss and food was OK but nothing special. The band were AWFUL - they came from the school of "Play it loud". The guy on keyboard was good but the lead vocalist couldn't hold a note and could only sing in the key of flat. Even changing hats for every song did nothing to improve his slurred and off key singing. If you like badly sung R&R and average food then you will love John Martin's.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

New Jersey Shore
“An American idea of an Irish Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

What is the point of creating a place that looks Irish, tastes Irish, but sounds like American Rock? John Martin's tries to offer an upscale Irish experience but it is spoiled by a music seen pounding overhead that says average American bar. The food was good but not the best Irish we have had, the service solid but not great. We had to ask three times to get our picture taken. Somehow though, offering a couple of Irish dishes and a couple of Irish beers is just too little to make this an Irish place. If I want to see Itialian food in an Irish place, how about Shepard's pie at an Italian joint? Nice to say I was here but would not come back again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
united Kingdom
“3 visits in 2 weeks tells its own story!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Four of us visited John Martins whilst staying in Coral Gables before and after a 10 day cruise.
On our first visit it had to be their burgers as it was also our first visit to the States, excellent! However looking at one of our fellow diners Caprese salad I was thinking " I wish I'd had that. But I wasn't disappointed, the burgers were excellent.

10 days later we returned to sample more of their delights and I got to eat the Cabrese salad after all. However on our last visit I ordered Chicken Milanese, the waiter commented " excellent choice, that's the staff here favourite". Massive portion, well presented and the pasta perfectly cooked for my taste as well. Another of our party had mussels on all of our visits so I guess you can say they must have been excellent too..

Wide selection of beers, but we stuck to the Sam Adams, maybe not the thing in on Irish pub but I loved it.

Happy hour 18.00 to 19.00 can help you drink a little more at no extra cost, so what's stopping you going? Wish I could be eating there this evening.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nanaimo,BC
“This is an Irish style pub/restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Happy hour between 6 and 7 and the food is great. Try the Chicken Milanese, it's huge. My husband ate the mussels 3 of the 4 nights we were there and he said they were some of the best he had ever had.

The escargot was delicious and the Caprese Salad was a big portion and very tasty.

I would highly recommend a visit to this pu restaurant.

Visited October 2012
Miami
“Good Bar on Miracle Mile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My friend and I went the other day for their Trivia Thursdays. It was a great mixed crowd with people of all ages and both men and women scattered around. The food was good (I had the calamari appetizer, my friend had a burger) and the beer was nice as well (only downside was that my Guinness was a bit warm!). The waitress was attentive and constantly kept refilling our drinks, and even switched us to water when we told her we were done with beers! Really nice folks and really nice atmosphere, will definitely come here again!

• Visited August 2012