“Very Good Cuban Food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 284 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Argentinean, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
New York
“Very Good Cuban Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The three of us were were the only Angloes in the restaurant early on a Friday evening, always a good sign. The staff could not have been more accommodating.The Margaritas were made from fresh ingredients and very tasty indeed. My Tequila was a very nice pour.
Recommendations for dinner, by the wait staff, were spot on. The Tostones Guayaberos, as others have reported, were to die for. Fish was excellent my shredded pork, beef, chicken combo plate was very large and very good. Sweet plantains were yummy. Sorry to say, no room for desert but did have Cuban coffee, perfect ending to a very good meal.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Key Biscayne, Florida, USA
“Best Cuban restaurant in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The atmosphere is very pleasant and the service is fabulous.
The food is the best! My favorite is the Vaca Frita de carne.

Visited November 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
“Good but lacked a spark!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

While everything we had was generally good (The pork chunk, pork chop, and Caribbean snapper) nothing really jumped out at us. The mojo sauce was tasty and the portions were a great size, but the meat in general lacked a little seasoning. I'm not an expert on Cuban food by any means, but it just didn't great a lasting memory for me to be encouraged to go back time and time again. Our server was very nice. I also think the restaurant may be making some repairs or renovations because from where we were sitting some things were slightly torn up.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
tennessee
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have to start by saying that we LOVE Cuban food....authentic Cuban food being rather hard to find in my town (in Tennessee), we take full advantage when we go to Miami. Over the years we have been to really good Cuban restaurants ranging from mom and pop, family style to large chains....this was the best yet ....my husband's favorite is the pork chunk dinner and this one exceeded expectations....all six of us raved about our food. The portions are huge, great sides, and very good value for the money. The service was attentive and friendly. We can't wait to go back!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“I don't know who Harry is, but he has this Cuban food figured out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

There is a Cuban cuisine restaurant or cafeteria in just about every corner of Miami. So for me to write a review about Cuban food means you really gotta stand out.
Havana Harry's in Coral Gables definitely stands out. The menu is interesting whereas you have your traditional Cuban cuisine but kicked up a notch with something nontraditional.
For example, last Sunday I ordered the Tostones Guayaberos. It was three gigantic tostones (fried smashed plantain) topped with lechon asado (shredded pork) that was cooked in a Guayaba BBQ sauce. OMG-genius.
If you're looking for something a little less heavy I recommend the Chicken Soup. Its delicious and very fresh. Pair it up with a sandwich or a salad and you can't go wrong.
The dessert menu is also great. You must try the Guava cheesecake and the Chocolate Harry's. Portions sizes for everything you order will be very generous for a very reasonable price.
The customer service from start to finish is excellent. Antonio was our server and we couldn't have been happier. He's kind, informative, bilingual and extremely patient with even the most indecisive of my family members.
They can accommodate large groups as easy as they do for a table for two. Depending on what time and what day you go, parking can be probably the only hassle; being that it gets full fast and you're left wondering if your car is at risk for towing if you make your own parking spot so to speak. That won't stop me from going again though. :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere