“Good Food, very good service at reasonable prices” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 274 restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Argentinean, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Plantation, Florida
“Good Food, very good service at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

A group of five of us had a business dinner at Havana's Harry's. The servers were very friendly and attentive. The food was very tasty and the portions were generous. The appetizers we shared were so big that I had difficulty finishing my entrée. I had Garlic Shrimp with black beans and rice along with freshly steamed broccoli. All was prepared well. The prices were very reasonable and the atmosphere was pleasant. A good choice for a meal in the Coral Gables/South Miami area.

Visited May 2013

81% Recommend
Orlando
“Great Cuban food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Havana Harry, is an excellent Cuban restaurant, in a city so saturated with Cuban food, if you like vaca frita??? This is the place to have it and they also make chicken frita, fantastic.
Their portions are very large so it's enough for two, all of their portions are large even the desserts, they are wonderful specially their coconut flan.
This place is quiet and relaxing in the madness of Miami.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Holiday, Fl.
“We eat here every time in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Service and the meal was excellent and the prices were reasonable. Dinning area was very clean and neat.

Visited April 2013
College Station, Texas
“Great Cuban Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This restaurant was suggested by the Biltmore, Coral Gables, Concierge. Since it was our first time to try this cuisine we were not sure what to expect. Everything we order was excellent. Great food and plenty of it. I was sad to leave our leftovers behind, but had no place to store it. Would recommend this restaurant. The wait staff was great and helpful.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not So Havana”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was standing at a place that I thought could be the reception area, but there was on one at the door to greet us. As I started to seat myself a server approached me at the speed of light and asked me in Spanish how many? I replied 3. Even before we got to the table she was already trying to take our drink order as we were still walking toward our table. Ice Tea, Materva and a Corona took almost 12 minuets to arrive and they all arrived one at a time with about 2-3 minutes in between each one. I asked her why and she said that each drink is in a different location. Still trying to settle down after traveling 47 miles to come here she must of asked us about 6 times if we were ready to order. At that point I was so irritated and anxious just to give her the order so she would go away. No name was given, no suggestions, no question if it was our first time ABSOLUTELY NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I tried to speak English with her but I gave up after three words were too much for her. How did she know I was Cuban or Spanish I was speaking only English with two Gringos? I ordered the Avocado Salad, 3 croquettes and an order of Mariquitas with Mojito dipping. All were satisfactory as to where no brain cells were used in the composition of any of the dishes. We ordered three seperate dishes. I ordered the Pork chop/masitas combo with white rice and black beans, second order was Vaca Frita de Pollo with the same sides and third dish was Lechoncita? What is Lechoncita (a baby female version of Lechon?) with the same sides. Starting with my dish, the one single boneless chop with a hint of what I could call Adobo and the masitas had absolutely no flavor what so ever, not only where they bland they were so tough and stringy I almost needed to carve the excess out of my molars. The white rice is a total joke, I believe my 2 year old grandson could have one the James Beard Award for Minute rice. The worst white rice I have ever eaten in my life and not even hot room temperature. The black beans had so much cumin and bay leaf in it to re-build the Twin Towers in NY. What ever happened to the old Time and Temperature that is required by the Department of Health. You need to hold cooked items above 165 degrees. The danger zone is 40-140 degrees, the hot water in my house comes out hotter than the beans. Although they had a good consistency but a couple more hours we could use it to fill the holes in the parking lot....The Maduros Saved the day! Nice and sweet and soft but again not hot....I could asmost swear that those maduros you get them frozen at Restaurant Deopot in 5 lb bags and they are ready to go in 5 minutes. Proabably Sysco or Cheney has them also. The Vaca Frita de Pollo was drenched in regular salad or soy bean oil and a lot of fresh onion flavor that over powered the chicken, some taste to it but the jarred ground garlic has to go! Too much and too over powering. We had to pull over to the nearest Gas station to refill on chewing gum and breath mints it was so offensive.....Well the Baby Little Girl Pork was just about the same as the chicken it must of been the same line cook who sauteed them both in different pans. I was tempted to order dessert just for the sake of it to finish myself off and put myself out of misery and order the Flan, but something just told me not to....I ordered a colada with sugar and surprisingly it was not bad. I did have worse Cuban coffee but at a so called "Cafeteria".....Well after a $67.00 dinner and a $15.00 Tip. It will be the last trip I will be making to any restaurant relying on Reviews. I should of stuck to old faithful "La Caretta" It is not where it should be either but exceeds Havana Harry's in every category! A bit of advise invest in a Chinese rice cooker for your white rice and congri. They always deliver hot fresh white rice. The only difference is we add oil and salt to ours, and maybe use a Mahatma brand style rice other than the typical short grain the rest of the world uses. I think the six of your staff members almost burst-ed the viens in their necks with the little most effort to say good by to us in English after we were outside the door. No one cared to visit the table to give a warm greeting or even the typical "How is your meal" routine. Well Harry if you are still with us....You need to go back to "El Malecon" for some cooking and Customer service skills especially when your dining room is 3/4 empty on a Sunday afternoon at 3:00 pm. Hope it gets better! I will not be returning anytime soon.

• Visited April 2013