“Tons of Food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 284 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Argentinean, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Tennessee
“Tons of Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We wanted to try authentic Cuban Food and we got it! We were seated at a table and got the locals menus. While we could understand some of the items we were baffled by the descriptions. They manager came over and asked if we would like the English menus and we accepted.
My husband ordered a pork dish which came in a vinegary sauce which was pretty good, I thought it could have been more moist.
We asked for help on ordering a Spanish wine and loved our choice.
I got a churassco steak medium rare and the flavor was excellent.
He ordered a three meat dish, chicken, pork, beef that looked a lot like pulled pork bbq. Way too much food. If we had been locals we could have taken most of it home. I think this was a dish to share with a group.
Definitely try this place!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Not sure what people like about this place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Let me start off by saying i was raised on Cuban Food. I LOVE THE STUFF!
But Havana Harry's has got to be the worse! I've given them two chances to prove themselves, but my opinion hasn't changed.
On the most recent visit my family and i were promptly seated, but waited twelve minutes for the server to bring us water and take our beverage order despite the place being half empty.
I ordered Vaca Frita (beef) which is my FAVORITE Cuban dish. I've had it elsewhere many times, but Havana Harry's was so greasy I couldn't get myself to eat it. I only ate my side dishes. I will say they have GREAT black beans!
At one point one of us requested Tabasco hot sauce THREE TIMES! They eventually brought a bottle of Crystal hot sauce, but they had refilled the bottle with some other crap that tasted like buffalo sauce.
Not sure what people like about this place...

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Typical Cuban Food in a comfortable ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have dined here many times over the years. The food portions are huge and the quality is solid. The menu selection is typical of what you find in Cuban restaurants in Miami - including breaded chicken (pollo empanizado), breaded steak (bistec empanizado), ripe plantains and rice and beans. If you aren't a bit eater, you can easily share one plate between two.

Visited September 2012
miami
“Very Good overall experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Pros:
Clean and simple environment.
Extensive menu.
Traditional and creative variations on Cuban food. The mango chicken was very good.
Extremely large portions that can easily be shared.
Well prepared.
The desserts were outstanding. Especially the Cocololita; a mix of coconut, flan and ice cream.
Very reasonably priced.
Cons:
Out of some dishes.
Unusually long serving times
Limited parking with no valet. Can be resolved by parking in municipal lot across the street.
Summary:
A very good alternative to the hectic Versailles atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Good Food, Spanish Only”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We ate here wanting to try some authentic Cuban food. The food was very good, but we were unsure if it was truly Cuban food or not. The menu is entirely in Spanish and the staff speaks minimal English. My husband and I are not bilingual, so the menu was a bit overwhelming for us, but we were able to decipher the meaning of some items on the menu. Friendly staff and clean restaurant.

Visited December 2012