“Quiet Lunch but bring a jacket!!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 273 restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Argentinean, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Jupiter, Florida
“Quiet Lunch but bring a jacket!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is great place for a quiet lunch. We stopped there on a Friday and arrived at the opening. The waiter was excellent and the food arrived timely. The authentic Cuban food was very good. I had black beans and rice with grilled chicken. The chicken was a little dry but was moistened by the beans which were excellent. Our party of four was equally impressed with the service and the food. The only problem was the temperature of the dining area which was cold, cold, cold….I highly recommend but bring a jacket.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

81% Recommend
New York and Florida
“Brings out the Latino in everyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Although this is a place frequented by many members of Miami's Latino community, this establishment welcomes everybody, including Gringos like me and Lynne. The service is friendly, attentive and relaxed. The portions are very large and everything we had was delicious. The prices would be reasonable even if the portions were considerably smaller than they are.

We shared the traditional pulled beef with onions which was spicy, citrusy and irresistible. Our other shared dish was an unusually well-executed salad topped with blackened chicken. The dressing was wonderful and the chicken had the perfect level of flavor to accompany the greens. For dessert we shared the coconut bread pudding which was extraordinary: served warm, infused with coconut and milk with toasted coconut topping and, of course, in an enormous portion.

All I can say is that I haven't enjoyed overeating this much in a long time. Long Live Harry's!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
nj
“You will not leave hungry!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My only problem with the restaurant is that they keep the AC too high and when you walk in you really feel the shock! Bring a sweeter/shawl
The portions are very adequate and enough for good eaters to share ( so you can have dessert)
The chicken vaca frita is excellent ( as well as the regular one). I had bistec empanizado, and it was very good, a bit thin but tasty.
Their " vacio steak" was very good , and the avocado salmon was very tasty.
The 4 milk dessert was enough for 4 people

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Hey, it's Miami. Theres a lot of competition for Cuban Cuisine in this town. The food is good, but nothing special.

Maryland
“Wonderful spot. Come VERY hungry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

4.5/5. I went once with my boss for lunch and then went back with my family for dinner on that same day.
The service was attentive and courteous. The food was very good - everything we had tasted great. Now the amount of food was absolutely ridiculous - and when the food is good I pig out, but at Havana Harry's I just couldn't handle the quantity. Basically all the portions are double.
Mojitos: the best I've had so far. Quatro Leches: of wow. I'd drive 1100 miles for that.
I look forward to going back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere