“Good eats for a good price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai, Vegetarian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Good eats for a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Red cury chicken dish was enjoyed by the group. I also liked my pad Thai. Good service. Good food.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

51% Recommend
Miami
“Nice thai place!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Since my fave thai place closed up a few months ago, I'd been missing having thai food and finally decided to look around for a new one. Finally decided to try this place out and had a pleasant experience both times. So far I have tried the red curry and the pad thai lunch specials for $10 and they were good although they seem to hold back on the spiciness of the food. I was the first person in both times and the place was empty but about halfway through my meal, the place filled up fast which is a good sign. Lots of other places nearby including a vietnamese place if its full and you can't wait.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“Not an Authentic Thai Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

If you simply want fast Asian favored food, this would be the place for you. Service and food is average. Web site has completely outdated price list (30-40% lower than actual) and reviews are form the early 80’s.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Never Again, Rude, Rude, Rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I am a regular customer, but no more. I like the food. On Saturday night, my wife, I and another couple were grossly mistreated by the untrained staff. We were seated outside, well dressed, and ordered entrees, drinks, etc. The waiter rushed us, trying to mask it by acting concerned (asking us repeatedly if we needed anything else). He dropped the bill on our table prematurely; we hadn't yet asked for it, and my son was still eating his meal. Then, when we paid, he asked us to leave, saying that other customers needed our table! I told him that this was uncivilized of him and he said, sarcastically, "well, you can stay then." I said, "I don't wish to stay at your restaurant, and furthermore won't be returning." This is a typical case of "pennywise and pound foolish." They tried to squeeze in another tab, but lost loyal customers forever, and all of our friends and family in the gables and surrounding neighborhoods who have vowed to stop going here. I used to take business contacts here, but no longer will do so. Shame on you, Bangkok Bangkok!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Buenos Aires
“What a disappointment, heavily americanized Thai food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

What a disappointment! This is as far from being true Thai food as Mongolia is from Southern Argentina."Sugar" seems to be most prominent ingredient in the kitchen and when we talked to a member of the staff, their comment was that this is what the local palate is requesting. Having lived in Southeast Asia for six years, we definitely do not recommend this restaurant in case you are looking for the real thing.

• Visited November 2011