“This place is wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Abbracci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 266 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Aragon Avenue Between 42nd (LeJeune Rd) and Salzedo St.
Transit: LeJeune & Aragon Avenue
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“This place is wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We didn't really plan ahead and decided at the last minute to go to Abbracci. We arrived slightly before they opened (6PM) with no reservation and we were assured they'd be happy to seat us when they opened.

What a totally marvelous place. Everyone welcomed us warmly and seated us immediately upon our return. The restaurant is relatively small however it is impeccably decorated, comfortable and is the place that I wish I lived across the street from.

They have a wide range of classical Italian specialties; there is something for everyone to be sure. The servers are old-school, professional and tuned in to everything around them. It's really great to be in a restaurant that offers all of the things that so many places say they offer, but don't.

At the end of our meal the owner, Nino, came to our table to ask how everything was. As it happens he is a career hotelier and we both had several colleagues and friends in the business over many years. It was an added pleasure to share that with him. It really is a small world considering both of us worked in hotels in Asia decades ago.

I'd recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a top-class meal and all that it entails. Now if only they delivered by air ---

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Korean first
Miami
“Great food and priced right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had been quite a while since I ate at Abbracci and after this meal it won't be so long before I go again. The great thing about Abbracci is that the food is top shelf, but also the choices are more down to earth than most of these pretentious "foodie" restaurants. While the food is definitely high end Italian, they are trying to appeal to the boorish food and wine snobs. However, if you really enjoy top quality Italian food you will love Abbracci.

The prices are quite reasonable (not cheap) for the level of food and service. I can highly recommend Abbracci.

Savannah, Georgia
“Old school awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I grew up in Miami and will occasionally go back for business or leisure. Caffe Abbracci is in downtown Coral Gables which has seen a bit of a renaissance as Miami has grown so much, there is a renewed interest in the history and beauty of this city within a city. I remember even when I was very young, Caffe Abbracci was known to be a very classy and not flashy place where you could always get an excellent meal. I am impressed that it has stood the test of time, of course it has been redone but it still has the same elegant reserved feel to it. If you know the wait staff you can still order things that arent on the menu from the past. For instance I would recommend the Mussels done "Fra-diablo" style. One of the best dishes I've had anywhere, anytime. Just writing about it makes my mouth water. A class act!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I had dinner last night. Great service. Great food. They even made a special meal that wasn't on the menu... It reminded me of old school Italian

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Good Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This Restaurant is a very good Italian place to eat. It is not really big so it get full quickly.
Pasta is really good and they have a good selection of other choices such as fish, meat etc

• Visited June 2013