“Bright spots, but disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Abbracci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 292 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Aragon Avenue Between 42nd (LeJeune Rd) and Salzedo St.
Transit: LeJeune & Aragon Avenue
Nashville, TN
“Bright spots, but disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This came highly recommended by some friends. There were a few bright spots to our meal. The pumpkin ravioli for a special that evening was amazing. But, they forgot our appetizers. Also, they didn't have the opera cake for dessert my wife wanted. I'd give it a second try since some of the items were very good, But, I was disappointed with my first visit.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Miami, FL
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Awesome service, really good food, a little pricey but deliciously good!
The ambience of this place is great and the location in Coral Gables is really nice.

Visited December 2011
“Best Italian food I've had since visiting Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

First - thank you so much recent reviewers of Caffe Abbracci - your terrific reviews helped us decide among the many wonderful Coral Gables restaurants of where we would dine for our night in town. Your reviews were all spot-on! We visited Italy in 2010 and this is the BEST Italian food we have had since our return. Everything was fresh and flavorful, leading me to comment that I felt like I needed to get our passports stamped.

As first time Caffe Abbracci diners, we made a reservation not knowing how busy the restaurant would be during the week. We arrived about 45 minutes early and planned to have a drink at the bar, but they were able to seat us right away.

The service was PHENOMINAL. I told our waiter - I wish I had his name - I was debating between four very different dishes and asked for his recommendation. He suggested creating a combination/sampler plate that has the lobster ravioli and the risotto. He also said that if we return and there is something we'd like that is not on the menu, just ask, they may be able to accommodate the request. In addition to the terrific service by our waiter, I also want to compliment the bus boys, those who delivered food, others who refreshed water....impeccable from start to finish. The maître d’ came by and inquired how our meal was, followed shortly by Nino, the owner.

The food was great; the experience was terrific!

In reading the reviews, I noticed a few people complained of the prices. I would say that the median price was $20-$25 per entrée. The portions were very generous. We ordered an appetizer, split a salad, enjoyed our main courses and each ordered a dessert. Had we been able to take leftovers with us, we each would have had a nice lunch portion left for a future meal. Without the wine and dessert, our bill would have been no more than a typical dinner at a nicer national chain restaurant, but the quality was much better than what I find at most national chains.

• Visited August 2012
Springfield, Virginia, USA
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We have been frequent patrons at Caffe Abbracci for years and highly recommend it. The food is always amazing and the service is of the highest quality. We've never had a bad experience and make it a point to visit whenever we're in the South Florida area for business or pleasure.

The risotto and various special dishes are to die for! We can't wait until our next visit.

• Visited September 2011
Key West
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

What a great restaurant for people watching, good food, professional waitstaff and old school elegance. We received a warm greeting and escort to the classy, cosy bar where we had cocktails and martinis. Dinner was wonderful. Equally enjoyable was watching the well dressed local crowd (Saturday night), with all age groups represented. This restaurant is now on our Miami "Favorites" list.

• Visited August 2012