“You have to try the blueberry mojitos!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 274 restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Aragon
Miami, Florida
“You have to try the blueberry mojitos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

A great place to sit in the bar, enjoy lobster and seared tuna appetizers and a great steak. Ours was cooked to perfection and served sizzling on the plates. The atmosphere is comfortable, quiet and friendly. Their blueberry mojitos are to die for! ENJOY!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Oregon
“Used to be a great place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Have been coming here the past 6 years. Used to be great but now only average. My companions crab cake entree was fishy and full of crab shells. My medium rare filet mignon was completely raw inside but even worse was not a great cut of meat. It was not a fresh piece of meat. Very disappointing for a place the prides itself on great meat. I can only assume they have changed chefs and lost the previous great one to be replaced by an average mediocre chef.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“You need to order the Cowboy Steak, and of course a dry Martini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Couple of years ago I visited this restaurant on the West Coast, and to be honest never had the WOW experience, but let me tell you this time was a big WOW and happy to has given then another chance, it is a matter of location ? maybe, but exceeded my expectations, will come back soon

Visited February 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very good steaks and excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I ended up there with my spouse without expecting anything special, sin I'm not a very fan of meat. I have to say that the food was really good. Just a bit heavy, but tasty. The portions were too big (we live in Europe), but good thing here in the US is that you can take the rest home.
I need to say that the service was simply excellent. Our waiter was David and he gave us one of the best services we have got. The other waiters were also around to check if we needed something. People definitely make a difference in a restaurant. Good food with bad service are the best recipe for failure. Here the food was very good and the service flawless. A good recipe to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida, United States
“Very very good steaks and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

After my tenth visit to this restaurant I finally got myself to write a quick review about it.
The bar is very nice, good for showing up earlier than your reservation time and have a couple of drinks and bites. The service is good too...never really have had any complaints.

Now to the real part: Steaks. Ruth's Steaks are cooker PERFECTLY. Buttery, crispy and moist inside, always. Their sides are of decent size, so you may choose to share. I for one always go for their tasting menu, where for around $50 per person you can have a steak (filet and ribeye included) along with a side, appetizer and dessert. Can't beat that.

One thing I will is not to go for the "regular" french fries. Their shoestring fries are ok but their regular fries tasted burned and oily to me each of the two times I tried it.

• Visited April 2013