“Spanish food never tasted so good!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Spanish food never tasted so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I am American born, Cuban parents, Spanish descent... This food was out of this world! Spanish food never tasted like this before! The chanquetes (Baby white fish) with fried eggs and alioli are just so delicious! What a way to start an unforgettable meal. Then we had a lovely salad (lettuce wedges with an amazing dressing). I don't know if it was on the menu. We wanted a salad and he (the owner or manager?) said he would have something different prepared for us. This was brought with delectibly fried sardines. Wow! I don't even like sardines, but my husband does so we had to try them. They were very good! Main course was la Dorada sea bass. Brought out with vegetables. Amazing! The presentation of how they remove the salt and remove the skin is a treat to watch. For dessert I had crema catalana (comfort food...reminds me of my great grandmother). The food is incredible and the service was very good! No complaints. The wine is a bit overpriced. Dinner for two with a bottle of wine, two desserts and espressos...$240 average. Husband returned on business dinner a few weeks after. and everyone in group was "oh'ing and aw'ing" it was so Good!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Bear, Delaware
“Extremely disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

We ate at La Dorada last year and absolutely loved the paella. We could not wait to go back this year and order it again. What we got was nothing like the paella we got last year. It was tasteless and contained very little shell fish. I don't know if they have a new chef or if they changed their recipe, but something was very wrong. The only thing I tasted was garlic. My favorite part of paella is the rice, which soaks up all the flavors of the seafood, this was flavorless. Unfortunately, we will not be going back.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“I think this is the best Spanish (from Spain) restaurant in Miami!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Miami has a lot of Spanish restaurants...BUT...this is it. The food is the best, service great....everything is fresh...some things they bring from Spain...so it is on the expensive side..but worth it.

Oneonta, New York
“Very Good Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We dined at La Dorada for the first time. We ordered salad (my husband) and gazapacho (myself), followed by Dorada (sea bream) baked in salt. We had the exact dish in Lisbon a while back, and this was very similar to what we had then. The service was very good, the food was excellent. The pricetag was a bit high, but we thought the whole experience was worth it.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, FL
“Best Paella ever. Best Sea Salt Fish ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012 via mobile

Best Paella ever. Best Ses Salt Fish ever. (Pescado a la Sal) ! Food is always cooked to order. Always perfect ! If you like good spanish food this is the place to eat it in Miami !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere