“Very Good Seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 268 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Dorada Coral Gbales is the First & Only Spanish Restaurant in USA to Receive "The International Five Star Diamond Award & "The Five Green Star Award" from The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences.
Oneonta, New York
“Very Good Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We dined at La Dorada for the first time. We ordered salad (my husband) and gazapacho (myself), followed by Dorada (sea bream) baked in salt. We had the exact dish in Lisbon a while back, and this was very similar to what we had then. The service was very good, the food was excellent. The pricetag was a bit high, but we thought the whole experience was worth it.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami, FL
“Best Paella ever. Best Sea Salt Fish ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Best Paella ever. Best Ses Salt Fish ever. (Pescado a la Sal) ! Food is always cooked to order. Always perfect ! If you like good spanish food this is the place to eat it in Miami !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
newport beach
“Excellent paella”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

Nice choice for authentic Spanish dinner. Service excellent and menu quite varied.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“True, it is not the best restaurant I've known”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

but I cannot believe the highly critical reviews here are real. Nice decor, very attentive service, and good food. We went for the seafood and while expected more variety, the quality of whatever was ordered was excellent. Btw, not the whole menu was very expensive, there were some cheaper dishes.
So while I cannot claim this was the best seafood I've had, I have no problems recommeding the place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“La Dorada recaptures the lost art of fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

The service here brings back memories of how fine dining used to be. Though I've heard that they are expensive I was pleasantly surprised to see that they are priced quite fairly. In fact, I had the Executive Luncheon and it was under $20 for a 3 course meal which included the best fish I've had. They are the definition of hospitality. Now, I recommend LaDorada the first minute I hear anyone request seafood in Miami.